Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 17-j010tx Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP ENVY 17-j010tx Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR)

I cannot a replacement battery in Australia

Companies who say they can do, are asking for an extra $250.00 in handling costs. 4 plus weeks for delivery!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for the help, People who hold my extented warranty on unit told me my warranty would be null and void, if non hp approved was fitted.  Who am I to not believe.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

The following link to a source for a replacement batteryfor your notebook in Australia quotes $95.00 Australian dollars.

http://www.laptopplus.com.au/Compaq-HP/Envy/17-J010TX-Laptop-Battery.aspx?prodid=1961&modelid=569241...

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thanks, But those are the old style ,10.8 v, 4200mA,the new batteries are 11.1 v 5200mA,

HP Recommended

So search Google with Australia and that  milliamphour capacity as part of the keywords. 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended
I own HP Pavilion 13 Notebook
13-b102TU
Product No. JBC29PA#ACJ
A message comes during start that "Replace your battery". It has been only 1.5 years and i had maintained battery as guided. Kindly quote a solution for this issue very soon. Thankyou
HP Recommended

My laptop is just on 2 years old. is down to 28 %. I do think it is good enought life for a power saver

HP Recommended

I would have liked to have kept it with genuine parts. tonight, an outstate supplier is  saying a good Assie company is about to make batteries to the manufactured standards required. I have ordered one, a lot cheaper that $350.00 quoted by a HP preferred supplier. ( sorry HP)

HP Recommended

"Genuine parts" is actually a bit of a misnomer.

HP and other PC and notebook manufacturers purchase parts such as main batteries from supppliers who are able to produce a product which meets HP's contracted standard and pricepoint.

HP does not manufacture notebook batteries.

HP Recommended

Tried the search engines, still only to wanted to sell 10.8v as a replacement,or they are a china inport

HP Recommended

I think you need some search practice. 😉

Check out the following supplier in Australia. They sell the 11.1 v unit you were talking about.

http://www.replacement-batteries.com.au/hp-envy-touchsmart-17j010tx-battery-replacement-26245

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.