Tutor
7 1 0
Message 1 of 13
Flag Post

Solved!

laptop battery replacement

HP ENVY 17-j010tx Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP ENVY 17-j010tx Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR)

I cannot a replacement battery in Australia

Companies who say they can do, are asking for an extra $250.00 in handling costs. 4 plus weeks for delivery!

12 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
44983 4219 10667
Message 2 of 13
Flag Post

Solved!

The following link to a source for a replacement batteryfor your notebook in Australia quotes $95.00 Australian dollars.

http://www.laptopplus.com.au/Compaq-HP/Envy/17-J010TX-Laptop-Battery.aspx?prodid=1961&modelid=569241...

You can show your appreciation or say thanks for my help by clicking on the Thumbs up .
If your problem is solved or question answered by my post, please click the Accepted Solution button in that post.

0 Kudos
crowat9 Tutor
Tutor
7 1 0
Message 3 of 13
Flag Post

Solved!

Thanks, But those are the old style ,10.8 v, 4200mA,the new batteries are 11.1 v 5200mA,

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
44983 4219 10667
Message 4 of 13
Flag Post

Solved!

So search Google with Australia and that  milliamphour capacity as part of the keywords. 

You can show your appreciation or say thanks for my help by clicking on the Thumbs up .
If your problem is solved or question answered by my post, please click the Accepted Solution button in that post.

ajay4414 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 5 of 13
Flag Post

Solved!

I own HP Pavilion 13 Notebook
13-b102TU
Product No. JBC29PA#ACJ
A message comes during start that "Replace your battery". It has been only 1.5 years and i had maintained battery as guided. Kindly quote a solution for this issue very soon. Thankyou
0 Kudos
crowat9 Tutor
Tutor
7 1 0
Message 6 of 13
Flag Post

Solved!

My laptop is just on 2 years old. is down to 28 %. I do think it is good enought life for a power saver

0 Kudos
crowat9 Tutor
Tutor
7 1 0
Message 7 of 13
Flag Post

Solved!

I would have liked to have kept it with genuine parts. tonight, an outstate supplier is  saying a good Assie company is about to make batteries to the manufactured standards required. I have ordered one, a lot cheaper that $350.00 quoted by a HP preferred supplier. ( sorry HP)

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
44983 4219 10667
Message 8 of 13
Flag Post

Solved!

"Genuine parts" is actually a bit of a misnomer.

HP and other PC and notebook manufacturers purchase parts such as main batteries from supppliers who are able to produce a product which meets HP's contracted standard and pricepoint.

HP does not manufacture notebook batteries.

0 Kudos
crowat9 Tutor
Tutor
7 1 0
Message 9 of 13
Flag Post

Solved!

Tried the search engines, still only to wanted to sell 10.8v as a replacement,or they are a china inport

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
44983 4219 10667
Message 10 of 13
Flag Post

Solved!

I think you need some search practice. ;)

Check out the following supplier in Australia. They sell the 11.1 v unit you were talking about.

http://www.replacement-batteries.com.au/hp-envy-touchsmart-17j010tx-battery-replacement-26245

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation