Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Tutor
Message 1 of 13 (314 Views)
Accepted Solution

laptop battery replacement

Product Name: HP ENVY 17-j010tx Notebook PC
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP ENVY 17-j010tx Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR)

I cannot a replacement battery in Australia

Companies who say they can do, are asking for an extra $250.00 in handling costs. 4 plus weeks for delivery!

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: laptop battery replacement

Thanks for the help, People who hold my extented warranty on unit told me my warranty would be null and void, if non hp approved was fitted.  Who am I to not believe.

View solution in context
Provost
Message 2 of 13 (304 Views)

The following link to a source for a replacement batteryfor your notebook in Australia quotes $95.00 Australian dollars.

http://www.laptopplus.com.au/Compaq-HP/Envy/17-J010TX-Laptop-Battery.aspx?prodid=1961&modelid=569241...

If you find that my posts help you, you can say thanks by clicking on the purple Thumbs up + box next to the Reply button .

If your problem is solved or your question answered by a particular post, please click the Accepted Solution button in that post.

I am not an HP Employee, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time
Tutor
Message 3 of 13 (296 Views)

Thanks, But those are the old style ,10.8 v, 4200mA,the new batteries are 11.1 v 5200mA,

Provost
Message 4 of 13 (291 Views)

So search Google with Australia and that  milliamphour capacity as part of the keywords. 

If you find that my posts help you, you can say thanks by clicking on the purple Thumbs up + box next to the Reply button .

If your problem is solved or your question answered by a particular post, please click the Accepted Solution button in that post.

Honor Student
Message 5 of 13 (285 Views)

I own HP Pavilion 13 Notebook
13-b102TU
Product No. JBC29PA#ACJ
A message comes during start that "Replace your battery". It has been only 1.5 years and i had maintained battery as guided. Kindly quote a solution for this issue very soon. Thankyou
Tutor
Message 6 of 13 (281 Views)

My laptop is just on 2 years old. is down to 28 %. I do think it is good enought life for a power saver

Tutor
Message 7 of 13 (278 Views)

I would have liked to have kept it with genuine parts. tonight, an outstate supplier is  saying a good Assie company is about to make batteries to the manufactured standards required. I have ordered one, a lot cheaper that $350.00 quoted by a HP preferred supplier. ( sorry HP)

Provost
Message 8 of 13 (276 Views)

"Genuine parts" is actually a bit of a misnomer.

HP and other PC and notebook manufacturers purchase parts such as main batteries from supppliers who are able to produce a product which meets HP's contracted standard and pricepoint.

HP does not manufacture notebook batteries.

Tutor
Message 9 of 13 (275 Views)

Tried the search engines, still only to wanted to sell 10.8v as a replacement,or they are a china inport

Provost
Message 10 of 13 (270 Views)

I think you need some search practice. Smiley Wink

Check out the following supplier in Australia. They sell the 11.1 v unit you were talking about.

http://www.replacement-batteries.com.au/hp-envy-touchsmart-17j010tx-battery-replacement-26245

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation