cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

laptop cover replacement

HP Recommended
15-ac142dx HP laptop
Other

I am looking for a replacement top cover for my 15-ac142dx HP laptop. I can find replacement screens, but not the plastic cover. It has broken near one of the hinges. With care I can open and close it still. Anyone know a good place that might have one? I live in Buxton, Maine. 

1 REPLY 1
Level 17
Level 17
43,956 43,742 7,017 12,370
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Service Manual:

Manual 

By top cover I am guessing you mean the "lid" or top of the display enclosure. 

I am going to guess yours is black and its a touchscreen so this is the part you need:

For use in HP Notebook models with a touch screen:Black models 813936-001

See p. 24 and 25 for a full list. HP will no longer stock this and you will never find it in a bricks and mortar store. You have to order online from eBay or a parts house. 

If this is the right part I would snap this up. One seller must have a bunch of these as they are sold for about $15 when it would normally be more like $50:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/813936-001-816771-001-BACK-COVER-LCD-TS-JKB/173775920979?hash=item2875da1f5...

You want to fully inspect the laptop internally. Damage as you describe can be a symptom of hinge issues. Hinges are cheap, too and you might want to replace them while you are doing repairs. Also check for more extensive damage around where the hinges bolt into the laptop. 

Post back if you have any more questions. 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation