Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
15 bs-104ne
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

my laptop was working fine but when i installed samsung 970 evo plus nvme m2 the laptop didin't power up and when i removed the m2 the laptop worked fine 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Your notebook only supports M2 SATA3 and not M2 PCIe NVMe, so the 970 Evo Plus is not going to work.

You need an M2 SATA3 such as the M2 Samsung 860 Evo or similar.

You can see on page 3 of the service manual:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05493257

Let me know if you need further help,

David

Please click on thumbs up for thanks
Please click on accept as solution if answered your question

HP Recommended

but would that stop the device from starting the laptop doesn't even show hp logo

HP Recommended

It is possible. A hardware error can block the PC at boot and not reach the logo..

Maybe you are asking if it is possible the SSD or the slot is broken? Well, very unlikely. I mean, it is possible but you have no real way to check it without trying to use the correct type of M2 SSD (M2 SATA3 SSD) or trying  the M2 PCIe NVMe SSD in a different computer (which supports it)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.