Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hp elitebook g3 840
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hello i have hp elitebook g3 840 with i5 6300 u and 8 gb ram And the tea spilled over him I took it to a repair shop and they cleaned it up But after I reinstalled the system, the computer freezes. I repeated the installation of the system and succeeded, but after installing the graphics card drivers intel Computer freezes again I reinstalled the system again but I couldn't because the computer keeps freezing I opened the computer case and found a yellow capacitor as shown in the picture in the place where the tea hit Does this mean that the capacitor caused the problem, and how can it be fixed?
please answer me i need my pc for study

7f7ce7fd-5f1a-4801-a43d-781936a7c21b.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@yakoubdz wrote:

hello i have hp elitebook g3 840 with i5 6300 u and 8 gb ram And the tea spilled over him I took it to a repair shop and they cleaned it up 

What was done ? Cleaned ? This is never the solution in such a case ! There must always be a short-circuit test and faulty components must be replaced, if it is still possible at all.

Either they just took your money without telling you that it may no longer make sense to use the notebook or you have been poorly served.

I advise you to get a replacement notebook.

HP Recommended

but laptop still run but it freeze i can replace the capaciteur 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.