Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there,

I have an HP pavilion G15 gaming laptop. It is almost a year old now, but I start to notice that it starts to get realy hot at the botom left (around the pavilion logo), even when just browsing the internet. With this I mean REALY hot, especially on the bottom of the pc... What I think, based on pictures, is that the ssd is located there, but when i check the temperature of the CPU and GPU, its nothing out of the ordinary.

Does anyone else have this issue? I like to hear possible sollutions.

Kind regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Snakers 

If your laptop uses one of the new NVMe SSDs, those get very hot -- so much so that if you have a desktop and buy an add-on card for them, the cards come with heatsinks for the SSDs.

But in a laptop, there is usually not enough space to add a heatsink, so it will get very hot.

IF the heat is uncomfortable, about all you can do is invest in one of the laptop fan bases -- with fans that draw heat away from the laptop shell to cool it down.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Snakers 

If your laptop uses one of the new NVMe SSDs, those get very hot -- so much so that if you have a desktop and buy an add-on card for them, the cards come with heatsinks for the SSDs.

But in a laptop, there is usually not enough space to add a heatsink, so it will get very hot.

IF the heat is uncomfortable, about all you can do is invest in one of the laptop fan bases -- with fans that draw heat away from the laptop shell to cool it down.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.