Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 Laptop - 13-ay0008ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Had an older HP 15 TouchSmart laptop and the right hand hinge broke, so I leave it open all the time, and use it like a desktop.

I  bought an HP Envy X360 convertible to replace it in April 2021 and 2 months after the warranty expired a hinge also broke on this one. This is so frustrating and I am disappointed in HP. I purposely bought this laptop to use for online math tutoring, as I need the stylus and the ability to convert the laptop into a tablet, in order to write on it. Now it is completely unusable !

This seems to be a common problem with the hinges, as the plastic piece is just not strong enough to handle the hinge and screws.

My first quote to repair it is $400. Come on HP, you have to do something about this. BUYER BEWARE of this product.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I have had some replies from HP about the "possibility" of a repair, partial or full coverage?, but nothing confirmed yet. They are taking their time to reply, hoping customers will give up. I have already posted reviews on Best Buy and Staples warning potential buyers about this common hinge problem and the lack of recognition and support by HP. In the meantime, I am stuck with a next to useless $1000 laptop, that is 16 months old. Very frustrating!

HP Recommended

This has dragged on long enough and you as HP representative have been no help at all on an obvious problem with HP Envy hinges. Very disappointed in you and HP's lack of support. I will continue to push this issue wherever I can. Our family has 4 HP laptops, but will not consider another HP purchase again because of this issue.

Respectfully,

Gary Harvey

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.