Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY - 15-ae007na (Energy Star) Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need help my laptop will only charge when the laptop is turned off I done a battery health test and saying no issues found.

can anybody help me with this issue?

Many Thanks,

Filippo 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The battery is almost 6 years old. It has lost about 25% of its ability to hold a charge. You would be best off replacing it. However, if you do not want to do that you can try: 1. updating the BIOS to the latest level if you have not already. We can help with that if you do not understand. 2. Try going into device manager. Find the section called batteries. Open it up. Find the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery device. Right click and uninstall it. Now reboot and let the driver reload. That has only a small chance of working but it costs nothing and is easy so worth a try. If it does not work I would say replace the battery. 

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Please post the full results of the battery test not just pass-fail. Have you updated the BIOS? 

HP Recommended

Hi 

Bios have been updated battery test done.154094257_785797365650234_4567998922213493858_n.jpg154000603_2713431728968893_3781362264113784420_n.jpg

HP Recommended

154094257_785797365650234_4567998922213493858_n.jpg154000603_2713431728968893_3781362264113784420_n.jpg

HP Recommended

The battery is almost 6 years old. It has lost about 25% of its ability to hold a charge. You would be best off replacing it. However, if you do not want to do that you can try: 1. updating the BIOS to the latest level if you have not already. We can help with that if you do not understand. 2. Try going into device manager. Find the section called batteries. Open it up. Find the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery device. Right click and uninstall it. Now reboot and let the driver reload. That has only a small chance of working but it costs nothing and is easy so worth a try. If it does not work I would say replace the battery. 

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

HP Recommended

I have the same problem regarding the notebook only charging when turn off.

I have updated the BIOS

I have reinstalled the drivers 

but the problem still persists - anyone else still struggling?

battery is fine

the latop is only 2 years old 

HP Recommended

And yet the battery is not fine or it would be charging when the computer is on. Can we see your advanced diagnostics?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.