Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-da0036ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

recently I got a new RAM module, and decided to plug that inside. And after that my laptop started to catch BSOD's like MEMORY MANAGEMENT. Running MemTest causes 50-500 issues and stopped test with BSOD ATTEMPTED TO WRITE IN READONLY MEMORY. When I swithed module to previous one, the problems left, and Memtest ends without issues. 
My old RAM module supports a 2400 speed, the new one is 2666, but CPU-Z shows that the new module works in 2400 too. Also, I have only one connector, not two, so I use my modules separately from each other (That's another question about HP laptops with soldered RAM tracks but without connectors for them, but anyway). 
I also re-installed my OS cause thinking if that's a software problem, but no. 
Can anyone help me with this problem? Maybe I should fix a available RAM speed in the motherboard throuth BIOS? But I have not any useful functions in my BIOS for it.
FAILURE ID: MCSB04-95FB6T-XD7W3G-409F03

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Sorry, I misread your post.

I thought you replaced the bad memory chip with a good one.

Below is the failure report generated by the code you posted, minus your PC's serial number.

The new memory chip you installed is no good.

Failure Information
Failure ID Tag Checksum HP Serial Number Test Date Failure Code Device Includes Error Message
MCSB04-95FB6T-XD7W3G-409F03OK000008/7/22201MemoryCache Module, Memory, Memory BoardMemory Module 1 Failure

I suggest you get a refund on the defective chip from where you purchased it.

For best results, I recommend you buy compatible Crucial memory for your notebook.

Crucial 8GB DDR4-2400 SODIMM | CT8G4SFS824A | Crucial.com

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

The 15-da0xxx models with the Pentium and Celeron processors only have one memory slot.

The fastest speed your notebook's Intel® Pentium® Silver N5000 processor can run the memory at is 2400 MHz.

Intel® Pentium® Silver N5000 Processor

That is why the DDR4-2666 MHz memory is running at 2400 MHz.

The 15-da0xxx notebooks with the Intel core processors have two memory slots.

See chapter 1 of the service manual for the memory upgrade info.

HP 15 Laptop PC Maintenance and Service Guide

Your notebook is completely fine.

HP Recommended

so, what about BSOD's? It's bother me with working
I updated a 4GB RAM to 8GB one

I added a memory chech failure ID in a top message

HP Recommended

Sorry, I misread your post.

I thought you replaced the bad memory chip with a good one.

Below is the failure report generated by the code you posted, minus your PC's serial number.

The new memory chip you installed is no good.

Failure Information
Failure ID Tag Checksum HP Serial Number Test Date Failure Code Device Includes Error Message
MCSB04-95FB6T-XD7W3G-409F03OK000008/7/22201MemoryCache Module, Memory, Memory BoardMemory Module 1 Failure

I suggest you get a refund on the defective chip from where you purchased it.

For best results, I recommend you buy compatible Crucial memory for your notebook.

Crucial 8GB DDR4-2400 SODIMM | CT8G4SFS824A | Crucial.com

HP Recommended

Thank you! Feel very sad about got a defective module, the worst thing that the module hasn't a warrantty stickers already
Anyway, thread is closed, thanks!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome. 

A good 8 GB memory chip should work fine. 

I've had the same problem once or twice over the years. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.