Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hp omen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Everytime my laptop is charging I keep hearing my laptop beeping from the place where the charger is plugged in. Is that normal or is there a problem ?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi! @Banter123, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand when the charger is plugged into the laptop you hear a beeping noise from the DC port.

Don't worry I'll to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your laptop?

Have you tried checking with a different adapter?

Please provide the product number of your PC to assist you better.

As you mentioned when the charger is plugged into the laptop you hear a beeping noise from the DC port.

Check the AC adapter to confirm that all of the plugs are securely seated.

Try performing a hard reset on your PC and check if it helps.

To perform a power reset on a laptop with a sealed or non-removable battery, use the following steps:
Turn off the computer.
Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station.
Disconnect all external connected peripheral devices such as USB storage devices, external displays, and printers.
Unplug the AC adapter from the computer.
Plug the AC adapter back into the laptop computer, but do not connect any of the peripheral devices.
Press the Power button to turn on the computer.
If a startup menu opens, use the arrow keys to select Start Windows Normally, and then press the Enter key.
After Windows opens, reconnect each peripheral device that was disconnected, one device at a time, until all devices are reconnected.
Your laptop has been reset. After a power reset, it is a good idea to run Windows Update and HP Support Assistant to update all device drivers. See Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 😎 and Using HP Support Assistant (Windows 10, 8, 7) for more information.

Try updating the BIOS on your PC and check if it helps.

You can update drivers on your PC using HP support assistant.

Refer this article to know more information about using HP support assistant.

Please perform below-shown steps to resolve the issue:

Step 01. Click on the Start Button
Step 02. Type "Device Manager" in the start search box & open the Device Manager
Step 03. Look for Batteries and expand it by click on the + symbol on the left
Step 04. Right Click on "Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery" & uninstall
Note: This Battery driver will get reinstalled automatically when you restart the Notebook again
Step 05. Please Shutdown the Notebook
Step 06. Please remove the Battery and unplug the Power Adapter
Step 07. Press and Hold the Power Button for full 1 Minute
Step 08. Go ahead and put back the Battery and connect the Power Adapter
Step 09. Look for "Plugged In Charging" message on the Battery icon

If the issue persists try updating other drivers on your PC using HP support assistant.

Also, Try running a battery test and AC adapter test on your PC using HP system diagnostics test and check if the hardware components are functioning correctly.

Refer this article to know more information about running system diagnostics on your PC.

If the issue still persists after trying out all the steps.

It is a hardware issue with your PC. please contact HP support for service options.

Link to contact HP.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Let me know how it goes!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.