Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hp-15-db0007ca or4bq96ua
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just wanted to know if i might do a ram upgrade have 8 understand this pc had 2 slots for ram is thst right ? Also which ssd drive is compatable with this machine ? Want 500 gig or better

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes it can take at least 16 gb DDR4-2400 SO-DIMM (2 x 8 gb and will actually run 32 gigs (2 x 16). Yes the mechanical hard drive can be upgraded to an SSD or you can add an M.2 SSD either the SATA kind or NVME kind in addition to the hard drive. 

Service Manual 

Start on p. 38 to remove the rear cover. Inside you see this:

M.2 SSD slot circled in red. Memory in green box.M.2 SSD slot circled in red. Memory in green box.

Post back with any more questions but please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Check the Manual page 2 from the following website.

The RAM Depends on your installed CPU, its 8 GB or 16 GB.

The HD depends also on the already installed CPU. But seamed to offer the option to use a SATA SSD and an additional M.2

--------
If the answer is helpful mark it with Kudos by clicking on the kudos button. If your problem is solved then mark it as solved. Thanks 🙂

P.S.
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Just to clarify I have 8gig of ram right now Just curious if this board in my pc has 1 or 2 ram slots? Also want to know if I can put in an ssd drive in istead of the sata drive

Also it has Ryzen 3 cpu with Radeon vega graphics on board with cpu

HP Recommended

Can anyone supply any answers to my questions plz Can my pc  HP-15-db0007ca be upgraded with more ram then  the 8 gig it came with? Can I swap out the mechanical 1 tb for an ssd harddrive ?  My pc has no cdrom drive it has an Ryzen 3 cpu with on board Radeon Vega graphics built in to cpu  thank you in advance

HP Recommended

Yes it can take at least 16 gb DDR4-2400 SO-DIMM (2 x 8 gb and will actually run 32 gigs (2 x 16). Yes the mechanical hard drive can be upgraded to an SSD or you can add an M.2 SSD either the SATA kind or NVME kind in addition to the hard drive. 

Service Manual 

Start on p. 38 to remove the rear cover. Inside you see this:

M.2 SSD slot circled in red. Memory in green box.M.2 SSD slot circled in red. Memory in green box.

Post back with any more questions but please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.