Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hi,

I recently installed Win 7 on my m7 that came with Win 8. I was able to locate drivers through Intel and Realtek but could not find Unknown Device USB\VID_138A&PID_0050&REV_0060. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Thanks Paul. You really helped me out!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

You can probably use most of the other W7 x64 drivers and software from that model on yours if you need any others.

Just don't use any BIOS or firmware files.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

The link now goes off into space. I have a similar need, I have a m7-n101dx that I want to load Win 7 on and I can't find the USB driver. What do you think I can try ?

Thanks,

Denis

HP Recommended

Hi, Denis:

Is the problem that you can't install W7 because it is asking for a driver, or is the problem that you just need the USB3 driver?

The link I posted that no longer works was for the fingerprint sensor to that model.

If you just need the USB 3 driver after installing W7, then download, unzip and run the setup application from the link below.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22824/USB-3-0-Driver-Intel-USB-3-0-eXtensible-Host-Control...

If the problem is that you can't install W7, then run this tool below.  It has to be run on a PC with W8.1 or W10.

There is a readme file with the instructions for use.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25476/Windows-7-USB-3-0-Creator-Utility

HP Recommended

Sorry I wasn't clear. I got Win 7 in but can't find the USB drivers. I will get the ones you reccomended.

Many thanks !

Denis

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes, just use the one I posted directly from Intel.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.