Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
pavilion 15 bc403sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been told ...

1 the max memory i can fit to this comp is 8Gb which is what this model comes with

2 ........................................................................16Gb by upgrading.

somebody knows how many slots the comp has ?

-------------------how many  mem modules CAN be fitted?

so can that somebody please tell me ....can i add to the 8Gb Ram or can i replace it with a bigger one

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Please check page 4 of Maintenance and Service Guide

According to the guide, there are two SODIMM slots with support of DDR4-2400 RAM upto 8GB max system memory (what it comes with??)

However, Intel Core i5-8250U (assuming this is what you have) can support maximum of 32GB dual-channel. And crucial.com sells 2x8GB memory modules for your laptop.

** I don't work for HP ** Click Blue Thumbs Up icon below if you like my answer

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Please check page 4 of Maintenance and Service Guide

According to the guide, there are two SODIMM slots with support of DDR4-2400 RAM upto 8GB max system memory (what it comes with??)

However, Intel Core i5-8250U (assuming this is what you have) can support maximum of 32GB dual-channel. And crucial.com sells 2x8GB memory modules for your laptop.

** I don't work for HP ** Click Blue Thumbs Up icon below if you like my answer
HP Recommended

Hi BrianTand

I think i can confirm you're quite right. Certainly according to what you suggest.

The problem so far as i was concerend was:- I was assiting a mate who had lost his lappy and was feeling like he'd lost his right arm. Something i suspect many of us would experience. I had helped decide on the price range, Then with all the different models to choose from in that range,  we had looked at the speck for each. We also went along to a store and spoke to "assistants"  some said they didnt know if the Ram was upgradable, beyound what was installed. Others told us it was soldered in. As i was not able to look for myself, i could not confirm one way or the other. We upped the speck/budget by 100% and carried out the same search. When i looked at the service & Mtnc guide i failed to consult the speck page, going straight to the page with the prettty picture (pg5?0 ish) and the deatils on how to fit a Dimm. This does not give the info which you refer to as on (pg4 ish).  At length i failed to  R E A D pg4 properly, gaining the impression that "customer non upgradable" meant me. I t wasn't until the third or fourth time, when i finally got around to READING it. That i understood I had to ingnore the "customer" bit and READ it as it's not beyound some peoples' capicity to upgrade memory for themselves. 

Moral..... read the flipping instructions then try to work out what is inteded for you to understand.

THANK you for your help none the less

The machine we have brought has an i7 cpu and as you suggest, in time i may get the job of installing loads of memory.

Cheers 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.