Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hp 15 bw067ax
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi all, i have 2 slot with 1 used of ram with amount 8gb ddr4 1800mhz. if i want to upgrade my ram speed, how much maximum speed of ram supported for my laptop that can i add? my laptop type is hp 15 bw067ax.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

If you look at chapter 1 of the service manual, HP states 2400 MHz memory, but it downclocks to 1866 MHz.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05493256

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi:

If you look at chapter 1 of the service manual, HP states 2400 MHz memory, but it downclocks to 1866 MHz.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05493256

HP Recommended

what if i upgrade to 2666? are it still work but read as 2400 or else? thanks before

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

2666 MHz memory will also downclock to 1866 if it can go that far back.

Some memory can only go back one clock speed.

You'd be wasting your money on 2666 MHz memory.

HP Recommended

i mean, i upgrade my old 1800 ram to new 2666 one, not upgrade to 8 1800+8 2666, would it read as 2666 ? or maybe only read as 2400 or even ram not detected?

HP Recommended

Yes, I know what you mean.

If you put one or two 2666 MHz memory chips in your notebook, assuming they work at all, they will only run at 1866 MHz, because that is the fastest speed the processor can run the memory at.

HP Recommended

oh ok, so no matter what the speed of my ram, it still only run at 1800mhz because of my processor limit?

HP Recommended

That is correct.

1866 MHz to be exact.

HP Recommended

ok, thanks for your advice

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.