Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
14s-dq1012ur
FreeDOS

Hi.

HP 14s-dq1012ur [8PJ20EA] Snowflake white 14" {FHD i5-1035G1/8Gb/256Gb SSD/DOS}.

I want to replace factory installed 1 module with pair of HyperX Impact [HX426S15IB2/8].

Will they work at 2666 and low timings CL15?

Service guide link from the model support page shows previous models on 8th Gen CPU.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@black1soarer

Welcome to HP support community.

Yes, you can use this memory modules.

Refer page no.1 under memory category for more assistance:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I know I can use them coz it DDR4, but you dont read me clear, I am asking about possibility to use low timing modules with XMP profile and once again, will I see CL15 in real test or BIOS will use only default CL19 for 2666 speed?

The link you show is for different model 14 without S and CPU there shown are only 7 and 8th Gen. Latest 10th Gen 10nm is totally different.

HP Recommended

@black1soarer

You can use a lower speed RAM however it is not tested with this computer.

Cheers. 

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Ok, I got some info from recent upgrade, I've installed Kingston KVR26S19S8/8 and it works well, but latest stable AIDA64 shows in Memory tests only 2133 MHz speed. And Windows Task Manager - Perfomance - memory - shows 2666MHz.

HP Recommended

Hello,

I have a problem with memory with another characteristics. I tried to upgrade RAM with two items of Patriot Viper PV416G240C5S (2400 MHz, CL 15), but notebook was not loaded. I can only to enter the bios and there are all 32GB. It seems it's ok, but while OS loading i see interference stripes on the screen. With original installed ram it is working fine. What is the problem? Frequency, Latenvy, Size or Manufacturer of RAM?

Thanks in advance.

HP Recommended

@mrudenko,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need the exact model or product number for your computer.

Follow the steps in the below article to find the product details.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

Look forward to hearing from you and you have a great day!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello!

I have the same model ones mentioned in this post - HP 14s-dq1012ur. ProdictID 8PJ2OEA#ACB.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

@mrudenko,

Thank you for the information.

Your computer supports DDR4-2400 dual-channel support (DDR4-3200 bridge to 2666, DDR4-2666 downgrade to DDR4-2400) Supports up to 16 GB maximum system memory.

Please refer to the below service guide for your computer for more information.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06403450

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thats not true, Everyone from HP support agents dont know whats true.

Manuals written for different CPU, but not for 1035G1

I've installed pair of Kingston HyperX Impact [HX426S15IB2/8]

and memory started as 2133 CL12

So its a setting limited by BIOS, by HP dev

Im not tried 2933 KHX modules, which are JEDEC 2933

HP prefer to forgot to update Manuals for laptops with 1035G1, and devs arent going to unlock 2666 and higher clocks for the one reason, go buy 1000$+ model and get your 2666, or buy 1500$ model and get your 2933 or 3200, which is possible with new Ice Lake CPUs

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.