Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hp envy 360 15m-bp111dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

When i open windows explorer or any new window mouse pointer is flickering and jumping to top right corner.

I treid uninstalling mouse drivers but still i am facing the same problem.Can any one solve my problem.

Note:My notebook is a brand new machine.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi @saicharan6289,

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips! I understand you are having issues with the mouse pointer keeps jumping to the right corner. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Did it happen after a recent software update?

Have you tried to update the Bios?

Have you checked if the issue persists even in the Bios screen?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here: 

Perform a Hard reset on the notebook

Many startup errors and other problems can be resolved by decreasing the amount of power stored in hardware components. Decreasing stored power is sometimes referred to as a "Hard Reset". Use the following steps to perform a hard reset on a computer:

1. If Windows is open, click Start and then Shutdown.

If Windows is not open and the computer has power, press and hold the power button on the computer until the computer shuts off.

2. With the power off, disconnect the power cord from the back of the computer.

3. With the power off and the power cord disconnected, press the power button on the computer for 5 seconds. The power light indicator on or near the power button might turn on briefly but then go out.

4. Reconnect the power cord and turn on the power.

Let's start off by checking If the mouse pointer keeps jumping to the top corner in the Bios: 

Boot the computer into the Bios screen and check if the mouse pointer jumps to the top corner of the screen.

1. Turn off your computer
2. Make sure you have connected the power cable
3. Turn on your notebook, as it is starting press the  F10 button repeatedly

I recommend checking if the issue appears on the BIOS screen (restart the computer and tap on F10 to access BIOS) 

This would confirm if it's either a hardware failure or an issue with the graphics card drivers so we may reinstall and update the drivers to fix the issue as mentioned above. 

If the issue doesn't seem to occur in the Bios, I would suggest here is to update the Bios, Chipset drivers on your PC from our HP support website, using this link.

You could also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

If the issue still persists, I would suggest here is to try these steps here: 

Check the Mouse options under control panel: 

Start → Control Panel → Mouse → Buttons tab.  

Check the box labeled "Use MS Office compatible scroll only."  

Also, check the box below labeled "Scroll in active window only." 

If the issue persists, attempt the below steps: 

Attempt using an alternate/external mouse.  

(If that works when the touchpad is disabled on Synaptic software, it would mean that it's a touchpad failure, 

However, if the external mouse doesn't work either, it could be a software/driver issue). 

Uninstall and reinstall the drivers for your mouse: 

Go to the Device Manager and select your mouse. Uninstall it and then restart your computer. During restart, your mouse driver will automatically be reinstalled. 

• 1.   Click on Start and type ‘Device Manager’. 

• 2.   Click Device Manager. 

• 3.   Click + sign next to Mouse. 

• 4.   Right-click on mouse entry and choose "uninstall". 

• 5.   Restart your computer. 

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Eagerly waiting for your response!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

**SOLVED**

I have HP ENVY x360 - 15m-bq121dx,  same issue, tried everything I could find in any forum.  Finally solved by disabling "stylus/pen" driver under device hardware.  Not a single jump since.  

HP Recommended

If you use xpadder make sure controller is not connected and that xpadder is not running in the background. I have done this many times LoL 😅

HP Recommended

It could be caused by the desk lamp, which EMI triggers the stylus sensing and then the windows moves the cursor to the false stylus position.

HP Recommended

This worked for me too! Uninstalled the touchscreen first which changed nothing, then uninstalled the pen and not had an issue since. 

HP Recommended

HI There,

I was wondering if you could walk me through how you actually did disable your stylus. I don't know if you had the same problem I did, but I thought it was a virus. It is very annoying, especially when I'm trying to work on my laptop for school. I called the HP help line a couple of days ago and they even had me factory reset my computer and they thought that would do the trick, unfortunately it did not. I was told to call the number back if I had anymore problems but since it is Labor day no one was working. So if you could email me the steps you did to get to blocking your stylus that would help me a lot!

Thanks

HP Recommended

@Luke1215, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Which model Stylus do you use?

On the device manager, check under Human Interface Devices or Mice and other pointing devices to disable the stylus drivers.

You may refer to this document for more info.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Turns out I had a little plasma ball on my desk and it was making mine go crazy.  As soon as I turned it off not a problem since.  Thanks!

HP Recommended

Turns out I had a little plasma ball on my desk making mine go crazy... As soon as I turned it off no more problems... Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.