Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
01-30-2023 05:36 AM - last edited on 02-01-2023 09:15 AM by Ric_ob
my laptop new even one month also not completed but the battery life is very low (max=1h) please give some suggestions to overcome this problem
02-05-2023 05:11 AM
Welcome to HP Support Community.
Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.
I see that you are facing battery issues with your Victus By HP Gaming Laptop 15-Fa0000 (680A2AV).
Please follow the steps listed below to update the drivers from device manager:
1) In the Windows search box on the desktop, type “Device Manager” and then click on it.
2) Expand “Batteries”.
3) Right-click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there.
4) Click on “Uninstall”.
5) At the prompt put a check in the box to remove the current driver
6) Restart the computer.
7) When the computer comes back up it should automatically find the driver.
😎 Go to Device Manager.
9) Expand Batteries.
10) Right-click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there and click on update drivers.
11) Click "Search automatically for updated driver software"
Do the same thing with Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Embedded Controller.
You may also check this document for Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows).
Let me know if this helps and have a nice day ahead.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community