Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Jep, basicly bricked my laptop with the latest bios. and they still tell you to try n reset it...

HP Recommended

any means i could resolve it?

HP Recommended

I too am facing the same problem. How come so many users are facing this BIOS update issue at the same time. I too tried to upgrade BIOS as per advise of HP Support Engineer. Now laptop is totally dead, I've tried all the options (Winkey + B etc) as per HP Support team, but laptop is totally dead.  

HP Recommended

I also have the same problem,  I've tried all the suggestions HP support says no drivers etc listed for my laptop so is there anything I can do to retrieve my old file/computer. I've even had to resort to buying a new pc (not an HP one), but I would like to get the old one working if only to retrieve some important info not in cloud.

HP Recommended

Hi Cagin,

I am having the same issue and have a post called 

"Re: HP Spectre 4K screen dead, but laptop working with External Monitor"

If you connect an external monitor, the external monitor will work.

I know this is not a good fix, but at least you can keep using your laptop till HP sort it out.

See my post for other info.

GoS.

HP Recommended

Just to let you know, initially external monitor didn't appear to work. I eventually managed to create a new USB bios, (after HP support updated their list to include my laptop) but it didn't appear to have any effect. After receiving your response I tried again with the external monitor and again it didn't appear to make any difference screen said "not connected". I left it connected and after approx 5mins it suddenly started showing spinning circle and "please wait". It seems very slow but I have now managed to extract the files I wanted and copied to new laptop.

So while not ideal for old laptop, it did work for me and I will continue to check to see if permanent solution is found.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

my complaint  number is not rectified pls send  assistant

N.Ravinder
HP Recommended

I got some help from one of th hp customer service officers, the advice that helped was a system restore, basically, turn your computer/laptop off, take out any devices and cables, like USBs and personal media drives, and not power cables, keyboards, mouses or monitors, also remove media from internal drives and and recently added internal hardware, then turn on the computer and press f11 about once every second until a screen comes up saying choose an option and choose troubleshooting, then pick advanced options then system restore and pick the windows operating systwm you were using if it gives you the option, then pick the restore point to the time before the problem started, click next and confirm, a warning telling you not to interrupt it will come up, click yes and wait for the restore to finish, it worked with me

HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem.. what to do now?

HP Recommended

Hi Jamie,

For those who still have issue can try attaching an external monitor to get out of trouble.

It might take a while at reboot, maybe 3 minutes, but the external monitor might just start to work

so you can grab your files off your Laptop.

If this does work, try changing the driver to a earlier version, or if you have an earlier version, change it to a newer version.

Sounds ridiculous, but just doing this, your laptop screen might just start working again for a few days. Mine did.

(You don't have to reboot your Laptop, just wait a while for it to work).

Anyway, at first I thought it was a fault on my Laptop, now I feel it is Bios and / or software issues.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.