Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15s-eq1000 Laptop PC (1E870AV)

Hi, I have a brand new laptop HP 15s-eq1124nw AMD Ryzen 5-4500U which I bought without any system. I was preparing to install Windows 10 from my pendrive so I entered BIOS to check the Boot Options using sequence: Exit, F10/BIOS. I didn't need to change anything. After inserting Windows installation pendrive (fist boot) and powering the laptop I got  the well known Error: 'Non-HP Battery Detected (605)' Display When Starting Computer. Now, I do not have any system yet but the error seems to prevent the  pendrive from executing Windows' installation. All I can do is to go to DOS. The laptop has DOS but I do not know what command use to kill the error or start installation. I found (for HP Omen) somebody just let the laptop use up battery to zero and the problem disappeared (?) and there is no other solution on forum for no system/DOS only laptop. 

I will be grateful for any help  🙂

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Margotka

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. To resolve a Battery Alert message, you should perform the Battery Test in the System Diagnostics (F2) environment, and then calibrate the battery for best performance.

To access the HP System Diagnostics Battery Test, turn on the computer and immediately press the ESC key to display the Startup Menu. Press the System Diagnostics F2 key, and then select the Battery Test option. For instructions on testing the condition of your battery, see Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows).

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Well, I asked for help because accessing anything e.g. pressing Esc (or any other key) immediately after powering the laptop was impossible - the error seemed to get the primary access 🙂 Earlier I used Esc for changing the Boot Order but when the Error hit it became impossible  🙂

Anyway, the problem was solved by ... leaving the laptop to use up battery to 0%. Then after powering the laptop the error never came back, exactly as somebody advised for hp Omen. It also worked for my computer.

The thread can be closed or removed.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

@Margotka

Thank you for posting back.

I am glad to know that you managed to resolve the issue. If you need any help, feel free to reach out to us. 

Have a great day! 
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.