Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hp 15-da0016ne
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, 

so I'm facing a problem with my laptops optical drive. I recently switched the optical drive for a hard drive caddy (so that i can get 2 drives instead of 1 because lets face it nobody ever uses the optical drive in 2019) but the thing is when i removed the optical drives bezel to put it on the caddy i kind of broke it (its kind of loose) the caddy is working properly and is not affected in anyway but the bezel is kinda loose and i want to buy a replacement bezel but i cant find it anywhere. (ps: the laptop is silver so if anyone ever finds a replacement bezel it needs to be the same color)

btw when i placed the caddy inside the laptop i noticed it was a tight fit and that there is a tiny bump in the laptops bottom case but its barely noticeable will that affect anything overtime ? 

thanks

regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Ahmaddimashkie wrote: 
... caddy inside the laptop i noticed it was a tight fit and that there is a tiny bump in the lapt

@Ahmaddimashkie 

Most likely you bought a caddy which is thicker than 9.0mm. The list of ODD bezels for HP 15-da0xx series:

• Natural silver part # L20462-001
  • Pale gold part # L20463-001
  • Scarlet red part # L20467-001
  • Smoke gray part # L20465-001
  • Twilight blue part # L20464-001
  • Maroon burgundy part # L20468-001
  • Jet black part # L20461-001
  • Snow white part # L20460-001
  • Iridescent pale rose gold part # L28514-001
  • Iridescent ceramic white part # L28515-001

Parts with prefix "L" are very hard to find and not available from HP

http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=L20462-001

Please use part # to buy elsewhere, such as eBay, Amazon ...

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Ahmaddimashkie wrote: 
... caddy inside the laptop i noticed it was a tight fit and that there is a tiny bump in the lapt

@Ahmaddimashkie 

Most likely you bought a caddy which is thicker than 9.0mm. The list of ODD bezels for HP 15-da0xx series:

• Natural silver part # L20462-001
  • Pale gold part # L20463-001
  • Scarlet red part # L20467-001
  • Smoke gray part # L20465-001
  • Twilight blue part # L20464-001
  • Maroon burgundy part # L20468-001
  • Jet black part # L20461-001
  • Snow white part # L20460-001
  • Iridescent pale rose gold part # L28514-001
  • Iridescent ceramic white part # L28515-001

Parts with prefix "L" are very hard to find and not available from HP

http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=L20462-001

Please use part # to buy elsewhere, such as eBay, Amazon ...

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for replying so fast ok i will look on the internet for the part that i want but i still have 2 questions

1 the caddy that i bought was 9,5 mm because there is no 9 mm so its a bit thicker will that cause a problem in the future (permanent bump on the laptop bottom case? The hard drive will not work because of the vibrations ?) 

2- well before writing my problem on the community i tried searching for the bezel myself on the internet but i found nothing can u tell me how did u get the exact name and number of the part without even having it infront of u (so that when i need to replace something else i can find the part name quickly and not waisting my time scrolling on the sites) 

thanks 

regard,

HP Recommended

@Ahmaddimashkie 

1. You bought a 9.5mm bezel, that what I thought. I have not tested therefore no comments
  2. Normally we use a book called Maintenance and Service Guide, sometimes I call the book as bible. For your machine which is Hp 15-da0016ne  we use Maintenance and Service Guide  for HP 15-da0000 series which is

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06147959.pdf

Regards.

BH

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.