Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
presario CQ62
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When looking at the BIOS info it says the BIOS modus is outdated, but I can't find a newer version.

What next?

Regards,

Marko

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

F.37 BIOS downloadable here:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp52501-53000/sp52604.exe

You are running the original factory BIOS, and quite a few updates were issued. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Need exact model and exact BIOS version you are asking about. HP stops writing BIOS at a certain point so it is not hard to understand that the BIOS level may be a version several years old. Are you having some specific issue you think a BIOS update would resolve?

HP Recommended

The model is :Compaq Presario CQ62 200SD, 

HP Recommended

Laptop model : Compaq Presario CQ62 200SD

BIOS version : HP F.15, 24-4-2010

SM BIOS version : 2.6

Version controller : 119.24

BIOS modus : Outdated

Operating system : Windows 10, 64Bit

Processor : Celeron (R) Dual core CPU T3300 @ 2.00GHz

I experienced some black screens and sometimes the laptop will not wake up from sleep, when searched these issues updating the BIOS was one of the things that could help. So I went looking for the BIOS version and found out the BIOS modus was outdated.

Best regards,

Marko Peters

HP Recommended

F.37 BIOS downloadable here:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp52501-53000/sp52604.exe

You are running the original factory BIOS, and quite a few updates were issued. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

HP Recommended

I've updated the BIOS to F. 37 and as far as I can see now it all works fine … I will wait a day to "accept as solution" … oké  

For now thanks for the fast reply!!

Regards Marko

HP Recommended

… the BIOS modus still shows "outdated" though … 

HP Recommended

where is it showing "outdated"...HP Support Assistant?

HP Recommended

Schermopname (1).png

It is showing in System information, it says "verouderd" , that's Dutch for "Outdated"

HP Recommended

That is a Microsoft thing. We know you have updated to the latest version from HP. I would not worry about it. It is a little hard to see as the picture is fuzzy but I assume the flash went through successfully and you now have version F.37. This is the latest there is. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.