Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
envy17"
Ubuntu LTS

Hi!

For my envy17" energy star I need the number part for the dobble antenna wifi which works with internal adapter BCM4352. I found those numbers : 763568.001 and 763691.001 but they are not specifically adapted for my notebook but for envy17" other series. Do you think I can use one dobble antenna from these numbers? It's risky to try it and I prefer to find the right part number for my envy17". Who can help me for that?

johp13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

(4) WLAN Antenna Kit (includes left and right wireless antenna cables and transceivers
and 2 rubber screw covers)
720222-001

Service Manual 

Could not find the right ones but this is for another 17 inch notebook and should be long enough and has the correct connector:

HP G70 WIFI Wireless aerial antenna Set 25.90635.001 | eBay

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Its not risky as long as the antennae have the correct connector that clips onto the wireless card. I would use the matched set but a wifi antenna is a wifi antenna as long as it clips to the wireless card and is long enough to string up over the screen inside the housing and fastens up at the top. Be sure you follow the little routing channels just as the original antennae were installed. 

HP Recommended

Thanks for this reply Huffer!

Yes, I saw another antennae (other number part for hp) but they are not long enough for my envy...though all other specs are.. allright.. So either I find the correct part number (why can I not have the manual for my notebook and explore the parts of it?) and try to find the antennae on the web ( not so easy  though) or I try to find the very little clips for my antenna and wireless card and repair that (not so easy though). If you can help me forward (number in the manual or where to buy these clips) I would be very satisfied!

johp13
HP Recommended

I need the exact model number of the laptop. With that I can find the manual that includes disassembly instructions and a parts list. Do you know how long the antennae need to be? And is the wifi card mini-pcie or NGFF (M.2)? There are generic antennae available on amazon and eBay. 

HP Recommended

model is envy 17-j198nz

each antenna is 56-58 cm

BCM4352 mini pci

johp13
HP Recommended

(4) WLAN Antenna Kit (includes left and right wireless antenna cables and transceivers
and 2 rubber screw covers)
720222-001

Service Manual 

Could not find the right ones but this is for another 17 inch notebook and should be long enough and has the correct connector:

HP G70 WIFI Wireless aerial antenna Set 25.90635.001 | eBay

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

HP Recommended

Thanks very much!

E39E8D6A-D1B0-49ED-8EF4-27FD75368FB7.jpeg

 but that is as difficult to modify this antenna from ebay to look like this mine above as to solder one receptacle and one plug which cost only some 10$. Receptacle connector onto the wlan module and plug connector onto the antenna...

image.jpg

 I want to try this soldering as my wifi needs only these 2 connectors well soldered to work...will send you news about this discussion.

johp13
HP Recommended

Hey Hi

I have just ordered the antennae you sent me the link! Why? Because as you can see the photo here :

IMG_0195.jpg

I have tried to solder a new connector but I damaged the pcb...or could it be repaired?

And I didn't find the right connector for repairing my damaged antenna main.

So it is and I  ordered a new module wlan too , not cheap...

All in all im a little confused about all that but I want to finish this work.

I will probably contact you when the two things are in my possession, because im not sure with the antennae are they long enough or will I have to do with them.

I saw a post in which you assure that the top part of them can cut and wrapped in electrical tape. Are you sure of that?

johp13
HP Recommended

Yes I have done it and reception was still fine. Still, not optimum. On a 17 inch you can mount the top pieces along the side of the screen if the leads are not quite long enough to reach the top. 

HP Recommended

Hi!

Ok, thanks.

johp13
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.