Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
pavilion g6
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have udate my hp pavilion g6 2204 tx laptop from win 8 to win 8.1 and after the update laptop starts overheating alot.i have update the BIOS also but it still overheating.

WHAT SHOULD I DO???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@mk131

Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP Pavilion g6-2204tx Notebook PC. I understand that your notebook is overheating, and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting. 

Don't worry though as I have a few steps to determine the issue and find a solution as well,

• Remove dust and lint by cleaning vents.
  • Ensure proper space for ventilation.
  • Test for hardware failure.

Click here to refer the document and perform these steps.

If the issue is resolved and you appreciate my help,

Please click the "Accept as Solution" button and the "Thumbs Up".

Let me know how you make out.

Cheers!

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@mk131

Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP Pavilion g6-2204tx Notebook PC. I understand that your notebook is overheating, and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting. 

Don't worry though as I have a few steps to determine the issue and find a solution as well,

• Remove dust and lint by cleaning vents.
  • Ensure proper space for ventilation.
  • Test for hardware failure.

Click here to refer the document and perform these steps.

If the issue is resolved and you appreciate my help,

Please click the "Accept as Solution" button and the "Thumbs Up".

Let me know how you make out.

Cheers!

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank s alot for the suggestion.

I have clean the vents and there is pretty much decrease in the overheating.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.