2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

pls help me boost notebook

hp pavilion power 15-cb008ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, sorry for my bad English (I am from Russia - I am writing via Google translator). I bought a brand of notebooks in the right field .. I have 2 questions: 1) Does this notebook have a RAM slot 2 - there is 1 bracket in the notebook On 8 gig operatives - for 2 slots, the place is that is? 2) Is it possible to insert an ssd disk into this laptop? 3) How to determine which company is better to choose to buy 2 ram and ssd disk?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
10,019 9,972 1,955 3,794
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

pls help me boost notebook

Hi,

Your notebook supports max 32GB of DDR4 2400Mhz RAM (2x16GB) even if service manual mentions 16GB

There are two slots and at the moment you have one stick of 8GB and one empty slot. You can buy RAM from your preferred brand such as Crucial, Samsung...

On page 40 of service manual you can see the steps to install RAM:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05493193

Your PC supports M2 SATA3 SSD and M2 PCIe NVMe SSD. Again, you can choose your preferred brand and capacity. On page 43 of service manual you can see how to install the drive.

You will need to install the OS on the SSD for performance gain.

Example of RAM and SSDs

https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for//pavilion-power-15-cb008ur#SSDFilters

Hope it helps,

David

Please click on thumbs up for thanks

Please click on accept as solution if answered your question

Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation