Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
pavillion x360 convertable
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi my pointer is a normal arrow when I'm moving it around, but when it stationary it becomes a hand and when I'm hovering over text or trying to click in a sentence to change text etc. the hand starts flashing and it becomes difficult to click into the text or highlight text. Does anyone have any ideas how I can sort this problem out it is driving me bonkers?  I'm a bit rubbish when it comes to computers. I have tried to find the hardware troubleshooting, but I can't seem to find it because when I try to follow instructions on how to do this my computer comes up with different wording or information than what is being shown on the diagram.

Thank you in anticipation of your help.  Linda

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@lindas0759

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts, 

I'm glad you found the solution for this concern.

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know that you accept my suggestions,

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

And select Accepted as solution to help others find the same solution as you have.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@lindas0759

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, 

Riddle_Decipher is at your service. 

As I understand the pointer turns to a flashing hand when hovering over anything,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Have you updated or changed the mouse pointer themes?

If you have and you aren't sure how to change it, here's what you need to do:

The first option under the pointers tab is Scheme, and it’s all that most users will need to adjust. Click the drop-down menu and you’ll see roughly a dozen different cursor schemes. These are collections of static and animated images that completely replace the default “arrow” cursor and its associated tools. Most of them are boring but functional, and they take on the regular Windows look. The variations come in white and black for the best contrast, and in a variety of sizes to suit different screen resolutions and those with poor eyesight.

scheme

Click on any of the schemes to see a preview of the applicable cursors in the bottom half of the window. You can move back and forth between them to compare the color and size. The “inverted” schemes are especially useful for those who have a hard time seeing the standard white cursor. If one of these schemes looks good to you, simply click Apply to implement the changes. Then, return to the Mouse Properties menu for any additional changes in the future. The Enable pointer shadow option adds a cosmetic shadow to the cursor — it’s interesting, but not all that useful.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" button,

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi there

Thank you for your response and suggestion to cure the problem and apologies for not replying sooner. I have been working long days Monday and Tuesday and no time to do much else.

I did already try what you suggested after I posted this message and it did not sort the problem out, but thank you anyway because it could have worked. But the settings were already correct. Anyway, my partner suggested I go on Microsoft website and download latest version of Windows 10, so that's what I did, and hey presto the problem is sorted!

But again, thanks for your help, I will not hesitate to come on the forum again if I have any problems.

Regards

Linda

HP Recommended

@lindas0759

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts, 

I'm glad you found the solution for this concern.

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know that you accept my suggestions,

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

And select Accepted as solution to help others find the same solution as you have.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.