Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hp deskjet 3630 all in one
Linux

Hi

I’m experiencing an issue with my printer which when used with windows 10 works fine but I am also using Linux Mint Cinnamon 17.3 O.S. on my laptop which is my preferred operating system. The problem is that I am unable to print, either Linux does not recognise this printer model or vice/versa

The printer is there when I open “Printer” in the mint menu. But that’s it. If I open another window in “what’s printing “it shows several documents ready to print. But just does not print! Although it printed fine on my old desktop running Mint “Mate” O.S. (now no longer in use). I have tried downloading and installing “HPLIP but without success anyone out there with a solution, it would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi I tried your suggestion and I now have my printer installed , Lights on my printer flash but it wont print, I have built up a print queue of 33 jobs ..have cancelled them and tried printing a test page but nothing prints...by the way I'm fairly new to Linux and I'm on a steep learning curve here.

Many thanks for your suggestion . Will do some searching on the web.:smileysad:

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Hi I tried your suggestion and I now have my printer installed , Lights on my printer flash but it wont print, I have built up a print queue of 33 jobs ..have cancelled them and tried printing a test page but nothing prints...by the way I'm fairly new to Linux and I'm on a steep learning curve here.

Many thanks for your suggestion . Will do some searching on the web.:smileysad:

HP Recommended

You gave yourself a solution before the issue is solved. Take us through the steps you used to install it. You have to use the correct printer interface (usually LPD) and type of driver (CUPS) and specific PPD file. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.