Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

can this error be corrected or am i looking for a new computer?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

I am assuming you get this error when attempting to boot the PC (which model PC do you have?).  You can try and reseat the hard drive (remove it and resinstall it), you should be able to find instructions in the maintenance and service guide under Manuals for your model.  But if that doesn't work, then you are most likely looking at replacing the hard drive.

R

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Identify your notebook with the p/n.

Remove the battery and look in the compartment for a label with a p/n. Post it here.

Some notebooks have BIOS upgrades that were created to address an issue like yours that was a false alarm. Lets check that first.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

product no. XP505PA#UUF

Serial: {Removed for privacy}

custmodel:110-3101TU

help me plz  do i have to replace the Hard disk drive or not tell me plz w8ting for ur reply sir

HP Recommended

Hard Disk 30F what is this error again T_T help plz

HP Recommended

Hi michaelbrian143,

Thanks for providing your system information, that helps, though we don't recommend posting your serial number for privacy reasons. 

Are you still running Windows 7 or something else?  When do you get the error, during startup or at some other time?  Are you able to boot into Windows at all?  Do you know if you are in warranty or out of warranty?

It doesn't hurt to start troubleshooting with a hard reset, just shut the PC down, remove the battery and AC adapter, and then hold down the power button for 30 seconds or so.  Then reconnect the AC adapter and boot the PC up.

Now, I would start with a Hard Drive test (if you haven't done it already), this document should guide you through the process.  Be sure to perform the memory test as well.  Toward the middle of the document there is a section on updating your BIOS, which includes a link to a document with specific instructions.  There does appear to be a BIOS update available for this model to version F.15, but you will need to check to see what version you already have on your PC before attempting to update.

This all assumes that you have a standard hard drive installed.  if you have a Solid State Drive or SSD installed, then the instructions will be different.  If you are not sure if you have an SSD or a standard drive, this document will show you where to look to find out.

If the hard drive still fails the test and you have the latest BIOS, then it is likely that you need to replace the hard drive.  If you are in warranty or have an active service contract, definitely contact HP support to get it fixed.  Otherwise, if you are comfortable doing so, you might attempt to remove and re-seat the hard drive using the instructions in the Maintenance and Service guide for your PC as a last ditch effort.  You can find the Maintenance and Service guide on the Manuals page for your model.  These are the same instructions you would use to remove the old drive and install a new drive.  Of course you will have to reinstall everything once a new drive is installed, so make sure you have recovery disks or other media available, and have backed up any important files if possible.

R

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion g6 Notebook PC - Serial:5CD1490ZKH; Product:A8S66EA#ABU; Model:g6 1378sa

Smart hard disk error - Hard disk 1 smart (301)

Any way this one to be solved or no chance?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.