Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Example: HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13-ac0XX

Hello, I need to replace my battery. Online it seems that CN03XL seems comparable, however, when i put it into my computer it can't recognize it at all. I can't seem to actually find the original model SH03XL anywhere, so I was wondering if either there is something wrong with my laptop not being able to recognize the CN03XL battery, or if there was a different option I'm meant to be using since my laptop is a bit older. Thanks for any insight!

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@kayansh 

Your machine uses 3-cell, 57.8 Wh Li-ion battery part # 859356-855. You can buy from

https://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=859356-855

or         https://www.newegg.com/p/16J-01GT-007Y6

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Is there a reason the CN03XL isn't working then, because it's the same type of battery isn't it? I actually live in Korea so I can't purchase from those links.

HP Recommended

HP Recommended

@kayansh 

It starts with S, not C

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Yes I understand, but from what I gather the SH03XL has been replaced by the CN03XL so if I try to order the SH03XL I get sent the CN03XL because they say it's a comparable model that will work. However, when I put it in my latop it doesn't work despite HP saying that the battery should be compatible with my laptop. If I order the SH03XL I get sent the CN03XL, I know because I tried to do so. So I'm at a loss for what to do.

HP Recommended

@kayansh 

I don't know, links I sent you all are SH03XL, not CN03XL

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

Yes, but my original question was that I knew SH03XL was the original battery but it has largely been replaced by CN03XL by HP and therefore I CANNOT get it where I live and your links WILL NOT work for me because I cannot get a lithium battery sent overseas. My original question was is the CN03XL supposed to be working in my laptop or is there a different replacement FOR SH03XL im supposed to get. I ALREADY knew SH03XL was the original battery. I said that in my first post.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.