Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Trying to source a replacement kb/palmrest assemly for the above model SN [Personal Information Removed], any help would be much appreciated

In

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Years of experience. You have to find the service manual for your model which is not real easy sometimes. More difficult, but another way to do it is with HP Partsurfer or the parts store. You can get a full parts list for your model. If this helps you please accept as solution as it makes this all more public to searches by others. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended
L23239-xx1
L23240-xx1
L23241-xx1
L23242-xx1

Country Code -031 for UK which replaces -xx1.

First three have no backlight and black, white, silver then last one is silver with backlight. 

This would work but post back if you need a color other than black and a backlight. 

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

HP Recommended

Thank you so much, this looks like the proverbial badger I need, how did you come up with thecode though, that is so often the bit I seem to miss.

HP Recommended

Years of experience. You have to find the service manual for your model which is not real easy sometimes. More difficult, but another way to do it is with HP Partsurfer or the parts store. You can get a full parts list for your model. If this helps you please accept as solution as it makes this all more public to searches by others. 

HP Recommended

I have used the HP partsmaster https://www.partmaster.co.uk/hp/shop.pl but have honestly found it next to useless on the vast majority of occasions. Is there a better site as you mention in your reply. I do use the parts store & EET but more often than not they dont have or more likely dont recognise the search terms model type and serial no. I often find that this is the case on various sites which the parts store suggests. 

Perseverance is obviously a part of it but can you explain a little more about how you find the part no' (service guides brilliant when available) but failing that?

Cheers

In

HP Recommended

The "trick" is to figure out the model series your laptop belongs to. In your case it is the 14-ck000 series. So you just google "HP 14-ck000 Service Manual" or ...Manuals or Maintenance and Service and generally you will find a link to a .pdf of the Manual

https://www.google.com/search?q=HP+14-ck000+Service+Manual&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS814US814&oq=HP+14-ck000+S...

Of course, understanding how to read and interpret the Manual is another topic.

HP Recommended

Yes indeed the whole process often times seems deliberately designed to confuse. The labels on individual components are often perfect such as DC jack assemblies, video cables but on case parts it seems to be a mass of labels and codes none of which have relevance on the parts sites..

I usually start off withn the search term you suggested and when I dont find that I look for part no's using anything I can see on the original part as well as serial number check along with component list off the main HP site. Occasionally I have found schematics and service manuals which are useful and I keep them. So many times though I just run into a brick wall and that's when I come here...

If you have suggestions on how to create better searches and or more effective reading of parts/guides I'd love to know.

TIA

In

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.