Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-aw027ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Tell me how to change the thermal paste on this model.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Removing heatsink (and other)video is here:

http://h20574.www2.hp.com/results.htm?SID=10862162&MEID=824ECBE1-EC95-4678-ABCB-D5E0E8663633

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

Hi,

If you look on page 43 of the service manual, you can see the steps you need to follow to remove heatsink.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05122652

Remove all old thermal compound from the heatsink and CPU/GPU. You can use isopropyl alcohol and lint-free cloth and use a soft plastic tool to remove any dried parts. Apply quality new paste such as Arctic MX4 which is easy to apply or more performance with Arctic Silver 5 or better paste.

Hope it helps,

David

HP Recommended

Video unfortunately not available

HP Recommended

To see the videos you need Adobe Flash Player. Try using Chrome browser and click on Video and allow Flash content to be played.

HP Recommended

The video is available for me. In addition to the advice given above-if you haven't selected one in left column such as Heatsink-  click on Heatsink in the left column.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

Thank you, very cool. The video looked .. the video became available after clicking on the "Heat sink".

HP Recommended

David also thanks for the instructions!

HP Recommended

Your welcome.

Let me know if you need any further help.

All the best,

David

HP Recommended

There is a new problem (How to lubricate the cooling fan on this laptop model? And is it necessary to do this?

On another model, the fan was the core where I applied the lubricant. There are no cores here, everything is molten plastic .. Where to lubricate I do not understand (

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.