Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hp pavilion x360 14-ba0003nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone, I'm writing to get some info on my hp laptop just bought. I would like to add a ssd hard drive to the laptop. I saw that it has a free slot for an additional hard drive to the 128 GB m2 disk supplied. But I can not find the disk connector that has a zif on one side and a serial ata connector on the other. If someone can tell me the number for a hp spare part of this piece? another info - I would like to buy a usb-c vga connector - from the hp service here in Italy I was told that in this laptop there is no video output from the usb-c cable, but in the hp store I found a usb connector -c vga that as compatible devices from even my laptop ???? what do I have to do ??? will it work if I buy it ???? Thank you so much to those who will answer me.

Paul

Google Translate 🙂

Buongiorno a tutti, vi scrivo per avere delle info sul mio portatile hp appena comprato. Vorrei aggiungere un hard disk ssd al portatile. Ho visto che ha uno slot libero per un hard disk aggiuntivo al disco m2 da 128 GB in dotazione. Ma non riesco a trovare il connettore del disco che da una parte ha lo zif e dall'altra è un connettore serial ata. Se qualcuno mi sa indicare il numero per un pezzo di ricambio hp di questo pezzo? un altra info - vorrei comprare un connettore usb-c vga - dall'assistenza hp qui in italia mi è stato detto che in questo portatile non è prevista una uscita video dal cavo usb-c, ma nello store di hp ho trovato un connettore usb-c vga che come dispositivi compatibili da anche il mio portatile ???? che devo fare ??? funzionerà se lo acquisto ???? Grazie infinite a chi mi risponderà.

Paolo

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@paolinux

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

I understand that you are in need of support, need not worry I'll be glad to assist you.

Let'a take this one issue at a time,

To answer about the USB C type.

USB Type-C SuperSpeed port Connects a USB device, such as a cell phone, camera, activity tracker, or smartwatch, and provides high-speed data transfer.

NOTE: Cables and/or adapters (purchased separately) may be required

For more details use this link: https://hp.care/2JHupOY for the user guide.

As for the SSD upgrade here is a list of parts tested and approved by HP for your model.

Description and Spare part number

For use only on computer models with model number 14-cc0xx:

• 512-GB, PCIe, NVMe solid-state drive L02425-001
  • 512-GB, M.2 SATA solid-state drive with TLC L02424-001
  • 256-GB, M.2 SATA solid-state drive with TLC 939842-001
  • 128-GB, M.2 SATA solid-state drive with TLC 939841-001

For use on all computer models:

• 512-GB, M.2 SATA solid-state drive with TLC 923685-001
  • 256-GB, M.2 SATA solid-state drive 923684-001
  • 128-GB, M.2 SATA solid-state drive 923683-001

For more details click on this link: https://hp.care/2vjRv6C for service and maintenance guide

Keep me posted, how it goes! However, I'll try and follow up in next 24 to 48 hours to doublecheck on the issue.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

i have a western digital ssd 2.5" and this convertible laptop are a empty slot for this ssd format, but not found anymore the connector serial ata and another side flat cable attach at mother board with zif. 

HP Recommended

@paolinux

Thank you for your reply.

As @Raj1788 is out of the office today,I'm replying to you.

During my research, I came across the service guide for your laptop. Please click here to access the service guide. The page # 44 and 45 show the list of compatible solid state drives and how to connect a solid state drive into the laptop. 

However, following is the list of the compatible solid state drives for your laptop model:

The above encircled SSDs are compatible with your laptop model.

I hope this answers your query. Let me know.

Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

HP HDD cable (Medium).jpgThis is the cable you need.

HP Recommended

please where did you buy the hp ssd connector and is this the number printed on your the cable 450.04804.0001?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.