Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
sleekbook m6-k015dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After upgrading from win8 to win10 no battery is detected. Since this is not a win10 supported device, are there any third party drivers that will help?After upgrading from win8 to win10 no battery is detected. Since this is not a win10 supported device, are there any third party drivers that will help?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@ce4tin

Welcome to HP forums.

Uninstall the battery drivers from the device manager.

1. Press Windows Key + X to open Win + X menu. Now choose Device Manager from the list.
    Laptop battery not charging Hp
  2. Now click Batteries in the Device Manager window.
  3. Next, you should right-click Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery and select Uninstall from the context menu.
    Laptop battery plugged in not charging
  4. Click Uninstall to confirm.
    Dell laptop battery not charging but laptop works with power adaptor

Restart the computer and it should automatically install the drivers

You can also update all other drivers using HP Support Assistant:- Click here

Let me know if that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks. Unfortunately, that had no effect. Also, HPSA has no driver update for this product since Win8.1. FWIW, UEFI doesn't detect the battery either.

HP Recommended

@ce4tin

Since you installed Windows 10, and there are no software or drivers available for this PC, you might have to rely on generic windows drivers(Windows update).

If you want you can revert back to the original operating system that was shipped with the PC.

I request you to talk to HP support to order a set of recovery media for his PC

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on "Continue as guest".

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.