Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hp 14 bs015tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to use ssd adata xpg sx8200 pro 512GB, when I use it on my laptop, my laptop can't turn on. please help with this problem

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

The reason is the laptop only supports SATA M.2 SSDs not NVME.

Your Service Manual

See p. 3

HP Recommended

How can I use Nvme? Does anyone sell an adapter or converter?

HP Recommended

hi,

It is not possible to use NVMe SSD in your notebook. You can use M2 SATA 3 SSD such as the M2 Samsung 860 Evo or similar.

Hope it helps,

David

HP Recommended

@viansjoe wrote:

How can I use Nvme? Does anyone sell an adapter or converter?

m2 is it b key, b plus m key?

HP Recommended

The keys don't matter. Either an M or a B + M will fit in an M.2 slot, but just because it fits don't mean it works as you have seen. There is no adapter and there is no way for you to use an NVME M.2. The motherboard is not wired to run an M.2 SSD as an NVME device just SATA. I hope that clarifies. 

HP Recommended

if i use adata su800 m.2 does it works?

HP Recommended

Yes its SATA so it works:

https://www.adata.com/us/specification/440

HP Recommended

thanks all. Thank you for helping to solve my problem

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.