Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion dv4-1030ee & FM186EA
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Supposedly combined folders and yet the only one is on the taskbar (Windows Explorer's).

Right-clicking it fails to produce the expected ribbon (usuallu listing folders open on the desktop).

Right-clicking again only then lists the two real folder open on desktop.

Right-clicking the taskbar's same (insane) singular folder, repeats the merri-go-round.

Apparrently even on month old, babied and religiously cared for MS systems, never the less this is what's to be expected?

As for the obvious, I've tried all but deleting the Windows Explorer folder (as I NEVER used it anyway, but I refuse to use system restore what now seems like it's needed nearly every day (sarcasm there, sorry) and I will not clean imnstall again until if ever I get these bugs 'outta my hair' and then burn a slipstream image of the infernal machine's 'working' system).

NOTE: This is the second time I've had to draft and try posting thsi, as the first time, just when I clicked post, it seems mysteriously IE or something else seems to have turnwed off my Wi-Fi (hopefully just due to likely as not, the blanking server dropped me in as much as I get free Wi-Fi here and this has happened before, but only on this clean install, maybe my extreme usage has resulted in bumping me offline, I can't say, but oddly when I turned Wi-Fi back on, the still open all but blank  IE window's 'fix connection' button  when clicked, prompted words to the effect that I needed Java installed when indeed I already do, go figure that one as well).

App's for the long read and my hard to hide frustration, moreover advanced thanks for hopefully shared wisdom (explaning for how and why this is happening).

Best regards and otherwise happ-e-trails to all,

wguru

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The only fix here for me is/was to set tackbar properties for never combing items on taskbar, as all other options are off the table (cause same issue).

Go figure.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Just now unpinned the offending folder and yet despite taskbar not set to lock taskbar, the infernal Window Explorer folder immediately reappeared and once more, open folders on the desktop, while supposedly combined as the taskbar properties settings are set to, yet same issue persists (right-clicking once, get Windows Explorer ribbon (listing in its ribbon, nothing bu 'close' and  'pin to start menu')

And again right-click it the indernal folder and only then does it properly list a ribbon (listing the open folders I have on the desktop).

Of note, indeed the raskbar's icon for 'the' folder is displayed as 'stacked', so for some measure the combine ffolders on the taskbar setting is functioning, yt it is not.

So am left to re-setting the taskbar to not combine folders. Beginning to believe that this's yet another MS bug never fixed, most likely related simply to my preferred display resolution, that my using W's setting for 200% text viewing.

AAAGH, Grrrr

HP Recommended

The only fix here for me is/was to set tackbar properties for never combing items on taskbar, as all other options are off the table (cause same issue).

Go figure.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.