11-20-2019 03:10 PM
i am unable to select and drag with my touchpad, therefore i cant scroll through the page, drag a file and etc i am only able to select with my touch pad, ive already tried to update my mice and and i update and restarted my laptop however nothing is working. overall the touchpad is slow and its lags
11-23-2019 02:49 PM - edited 11-23-2019 02:51 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
- Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
- Have you made any hardware/software changes?
- Have you tried using an external mouse?
- What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824
While you respond to that, let's try these steps:
Firstly, perform Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8.
Next step BIOS default:
- Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
- Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
- On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
- Press F10 to Save and Exit.
- Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
- Follow the prompts to restart your computer
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee