Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion dm1 notebook
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I'm trying to upgrade to windows 10 and its telling me that the intel graphics card is not compatible. Is there a fix for this or an update or anything I can do to upgrade? I haven't used this computer in a very long time and it's like brand new.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, @Brennie61 

I agree with Hufer's recommendation to just go with it.

I have much older notebooks with Intel 950 and x3100 Intel graphics running W10 just fine.

If W10 doesn't install the HD 3000 graphics driver, manually install the W8 Intel graphics driver from your notebook's support page.

If you need help with that, let me know.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Several versions of the dm1 with a couple different Intel video options so tell us the complete model number. Very likely there is a workaround that will let you run Windows 10. 

HP Recommended

It's a 4050us Entertainment PC  product #A0X24UA

HP Recommended

It is Intel HD3000 which officially is not supposed to work with Windows 10 but I have at least one laptop with that video running Windows 10 happily with all functions working. 

You may have to install a Windows 7 or 8 driver in Windows 10.

@Paul_Tikkanen  ?

HP Recommended

How do I find out which one i have? On my computer it says Intel inside Core i3

HP Recommended

That is the processor. The video is Intel HD 3000. Are you able to install Windows 10? I would just push through despite any warnings and let it install. 

HP Recommended

Hi, @Brennie61 

I agree with Hufer's recommendation to just go with it.

I have much older notebooks with Intel 950 and x3100 Intel graphics running W10 just fine.

If W10 doesn't install the HD 3000 graphics driver, manually install the W8 Intel graphics driver from your notebook's support page.

If you need help with that, let me know.

HP Recommended

Thank you both! I did do the part 1 upgrade I still need to upgrade to win 10 pro and my display is working fine. I do have another problem though it will not let me install any apps it says I have to contact the administrator and I am the administrator this is driving me crazy I have tried everything I know and I still can't fix it. Any suggestions?

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Sorry for the confusion I meant programs not apps.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.