Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ZBook 15 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My device turns on and off continuously for a few minutes during startup, so that all the keyboard lights turn on and then off, the fans turn on and off for a moment, as well as the screen and ...

This takes a few minutes and then the device turns on. When turned on, it has no hardware issues and works normally.

The point is that this mode occurs when no time has elapsed since the laptop was shot, if about 40 minutes have elapsed, it will light up without interruption if that mode occurs.

system bios: N81 Ver. 01.52 - 10/28/2020    product number: W8D54UC#ABA

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@amir0985 , welcome back to the forum.

This sounds like it could be a power problem.  Does this happen when you have the laptop plugged in to the power adapter or just when it is unplugged?

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

It does not matter if the adapter is connected or not, it still happens. It should be noted that the battery is also completely healthy

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @amir0985!

This is one of those problems that is very difficult to diagnose.  It could be a number of things causing it to happen.  However, I still believe that it could be the power adapter.  I suggest that you have it tested.  Since it doesn't matter if it is plugged in or not and the battery is healthy, and it mainly happens when you first turn on the laptop, it sounds like there is a short in the adapter.  After it runs for a bit the heat causes the wires to expand and no short.

I had a similar problem with a desktop years ago.  The power supply unit (PSU) had failed.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.