Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP MINI 210-2000 (??)
Other

here is the thing - i need a tip, the internal sticker shows a lot of chinese picture, the only thing that is written with roman characters is the first line:

it sais:  1584-100     (space)  S/N: a very long number - not sure if i should paste it here.

one verse below there is this:
Regulatory model:  chinese bushy-writing       //     RMN:  HSTNN-F05C  - not sure if this helps

now - the "my comp -> properties -> sais it's a HP 210-2000 but it might be too general, there were countless incarnations of the 210-2XXX series.

my unit uses 1,5 V ddr3  - 1GB  - 10600S samsung ram  - which renders the unit pretty much unusable, even after killing most of the services/processes it still eats 650-800 MB and opening a firefox literally ends the session.

i need to know how to find the very exact type of the computer so that i can: buy a 2GB/4GB ddr3 chip  that would help, or just forget about it and dump it ;/

any hints/tips welcome.
kind regards,
roman

ps. why does my "inside sticker" not look like any of the ones shown in the support vids? the computer was bought in poland 6 years ago, Have I been cheated? The chinese "writing" renders any support material totally useless.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey @roman_petrescu,

I understand you're having issues finding the model number of the notebook. I'll help in anyway I can.

I would first suggest trying the steps in this document: HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number?

Let me know if this helps by hitting that Thumbs Up and Accepting as a Solution.

Cheers,

TechSurge.

TechSurge
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hey @roman_petrescu,

I understand you're having issues finding the model number of the notebook. I'll help in anyway I can.

I would first suggest trying the steps in this document: HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number?

Let me know if this helps by hitting that Thumbs Up and Accepting as a Solution.

Cheers,

TechSurge.

TechSurge
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.