Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 2000 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i want to upgrade so i want to know that which processors are supported on my laptop

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

2000-2xxx series specifically a 2000-2d28TU. i3-3110M processor. It can be upgraded somewhat. Here is the Service Manual:

Manual 

up to an i5-3230M CPU....adds only .2 ghz so not really worthwhile in my opinion. Memory up to 8 gigs DDR3. The best single upgrade you can do is to install a 2.5 inch SATA SSD in place of the hard drive. Good luck.

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

We need to know which version of the HP 2000 series you have so we can know the upgrade options. Have to find the right service Manual. 

HP Recommended

i can tell product name it is E4X59PA#ACJ i don't know nothing else about it

HP Recommended

2000-2xxx series specifically a 2000-2d28TU. i3-3110M processor. It can be upgraded somewhat. Here is the Service Manual:

Manual 

up to an i5-3230M CPU....adds only .2 ghz so not really worthwhile in my opinion. Memory up to 8 gigs DDR3. The best single upgrade you can do is to install a 2.5 inch SATA SSD in place of the hard drive. Good luck.

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.