Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
notebook 17 f158nf
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello

I would like to replace my hd with a 1to ssd on my pc is what i can

more how could I reinstall my system because I don't have a recovery CD

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes a 2.5 inch SATA SSD can be used anywhere a 2.5 inch SATA hard drive is used. So the laptop is from an age when SSDs were not yet the thing they are now so SSD was not offered. You just do a replacement of the hard drive but replace with a 2.5 inch SATA SSD such as Samsung 860 Evo or WD Blue. Good luck. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

The replacement can be done. See pp. 70-95 of the Manual here:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04427554 

As far as reinstalling the system Windows 10 will reactivate without a Key Code. You can download an installer usb drive from the Microsoft Media Creation Tool site and use that to reinstall. 

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

HP Recommended

so the SSD is compatible because page 95 HD is not SSD it's simple HD

HP Recommended

Yes a 2.5 inch SATA SSD can be used anywhere a 2.5 inch SATA hard drive is used. So the laptop is from an age when SSDs were not yet the thing they are now so SSD was not offered. You just do a replacement of the hard drive but replace with a 2.5 inch SATA SSD such as Samsung 860 Evo or WD Blue. Good luck. 

HP Recommended

thanks a lot

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.