Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Can i upgrade my graphic cards/ram?
i think i could, but i m not sure about it, and which graphic card i should buy
right now i m startng to have troubles with games that requires more than 6gb RAM

D9X39EA#ABZ

GCards2.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

There are no graphics 'cards' in your notebook.

There is a GPU which is soldered and integrated onto the motherboard.

The only way to upgrade the graphics, would be to replace the motherboard with one listed in the service manual which may have better graphics.

This is normally an expensive and labor intensive project.

The maximum amount of memory you can install according to chapter 1 of the service manual is 12 GB.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03939658

HP Recommended

thank you for the reply

what would you suggest to upgrte it to 12gb?
which rams i could get? 2x6gb? and which one?

will that help me with FPS problems on games?( i m asking that because looking at Task Manager while playing the only thing that goes high is the memory, while CPU is always low)

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

There is no such thing as a 6 GB memory module.

They go double in size exponentally from 1 GB.

1, 2, 4, 8, 16...

So what you would do is to buy an 8 GB memory chip with the same specs as the 2 GB chip you have now, replace the 2 GB chip, keep the 8 GB chip and you will have 12 GB.

it should help a little, but I don't think you will see a world of improvement.

I'm not sure why you are having issues with the games not playing well.

Your notebook was top of the line for the processor and graphics at the time.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply

now i m gonna ask you, how do i know what kind of memory is card? what model is it?
Luckily it s a stick on it that tell me which one is the 2, and wich one is the 4, but how do i know what model my ram is?

HP Recommended

Hi:

I have zipped up and attached a free utility that you can run below.

Close out of the summary window.

On the left side of the program window, click to expand the memory section.

Then click on each module, and on the right side of the window, it will tell you just about everything there is about each module.

HP Recommended

DIY Perks shows a method that uses a PCI to laptop adapter,allowing you to use an external GPU - a nice solution for your application:

https://youtu.be/bP_8EYQ-2RA

In this experimental video I try connecting a desktop graphics card to a laptop... the results were certainly interesting. Parts links: Disclosure: These are affiliate links. If you click them and make a purchase from the various merchants they link to, DIY Perks may earn a commission. Affiliate ...
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.