Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15g-br001tu
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I wanted to upgrade my processor (to i7)  and ram (16GB ) . is it possible for the HP Notebook - 15g-br001tu ? If it is please share in detail including model no ?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

The 15g-br001tu has a processor built on to the motherboard. It also has 2 memory slots with a maximum amount of 16GB

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05493257

HP Recommended

i read the document but i am not sure that ddr4 will work or i need to buy ddr3l ? 12Gb ram 8 + 4  i am looking for 

HP Recommended

The document says this depends on your current CPU model (or rather, it seems the CPU has these limits):

Supports up to 8 GB of DDR3L-1600 single channel support (5th generation Intel Core, Intel Pentium N3710/N4200, Celeron N3060/N3350 processors)

Supports up to 4 GB (4096×1) of DDR4-2400 single channel support (Intel Pentium Silver N5000, Celeron N4000 processors)

DDR4-2133 dual channel support (6th and 7th generation Intel Core processors)

DDR4-2400 dual channel support (5th and 8th generation Intel Core processors) Supports up to 16 GB of system RAM

I notice in your description it says Windows 7 32-bit. It would only make sense to upgrade this if you are using a 64-bit OS to make use of the additional memory.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.