Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP DB 1069AU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to upgrade my laptop from HDD to SDD and want RAM upgrade to 8 GB

Please guide which SSD and RAM to Buy.

ALSO if i upgrade to SSD and Higher RAM do my warranty will continue 

I have purchased LAptop 3-4 days ago

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Ravi_JMP,

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to upgrade the RAM and the SSD on your computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Your computer supports up to 16GB RAM and you can also install an SSD on your computer. HP doesn’t recommend upgrading or downgrading the hardware components on the computer however, this should not affect your warranty unless there is no physical damage.

Refer to the below service guide for complete information.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06245081

I hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Ravi_JMP,

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to upgrade the RAM and the SSD on your computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Your computer supports up to 16GB RAM and you can also install an SSD on your computer. HP doesn’t recommend upgrading or downgrading the hardware components on the computer however, this should not affect your warranty unless there is no physical damage.

Refer to the below service guide for complete information.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06245081

I hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Thanks for the reply

do also guide me which type of SSD i.e  M.2 SATA or M.2 NVme

Also do let me know what is the frequency of RAM and specification

HP Recommended

@Ravi_JMP

Thank you for posting back. 

Your computer supports M.2, SATA-3, solid-state drives and you can go for 256 GB drive. 

Keep me posted!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi can you confirm me that it will support nvme m.2 ssd, as per laptop socket it has 5 pin m type.

I am attaching pic of the same. Also confirm can I make ssd drive as boot drive.

Screenshot_20200710-224235_Amazon.jpg

Screenshot_20200710-224245_Amazon.jpg

HP Recommended

@Ravi_JMP,

Your computer doesn't support the NVMe drive. You can install an M.2 SATA 3 drive.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi I am attaching a reply I got from one of the person that it supports both the firm factor i.e is sata and nvme. I am reallly confused now. 

Please help. As per service manual it states that it will support both the form factor. 

Please suggest me Good m2 ssd drive.

Screenshot_20200713-004130_Edge.jpg

 urgent help

HP Recommended

@Ravi_JMP

Thank you for posting back. 

To get the answer to this question, you could change the configuration at your own discretion based on your requirements. 

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.