Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hp 15 Notebook pc(hp-g004au)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

good afternoon sir/mam, I want to upgrade my processor here are some detail-

1-AMD E1-2100 APU WITH Radeon(TM) HD Graphics       1.00 GHz

2-64-bit opreting system, x64-based processor. maybe it,s belongs to (i3 generation)

so the question is can i upgrade it with AMD 3.9 FM2 A6 7400K Processor or any possible processor. 

because I am a cs student, and  I am not able to do high programming  and I am not able to aford a new laptop so please help.

thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Sorry no. That processor is a very weak one more like a cell phone or tablet processor. And its soldered to the motherboard so not upgradeable. There is just no cheap way I can tell you to get more performance out of that laptop. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Sorry no. That processor is a very weak one more like a cell phone or tablet processor. And its soldered to the motherboard so not upgradeable. There is just no cheap way I can tell you to get more performance out of that laptop. 

HP Recommended

sir any possible way that can i use to upgrade my processor, sir feel free to reply don't worry about money.

thank you.

HP Recommended

There are whole motherboards with stronger processors that were made for that series of laptop and you could swap in. 

Service Manual

AMD A8-6410 processor and 2 GB of discrete graphics 764269-501

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/for-HP-laptop-pavilion-764269-501-15-15-g-motherboard-TEST-OK/22299981295...

HP Recommended

sir but there is some extra connection point in the image that I don't have in my laptop.will it work on my laptop????please see my modal image carefully.(hp15-g004au) and then replay.(please sir)

thank you.

HP Recommended

I do not have an image of your motherboard. Please tell us where this extra connection point it. 

HP Recommended

sir last question will it work on my laptop??😥

thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.