Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15-ac132ne energy star
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Due to rain , got wet (seemingly not much ) when laptop was on. Moved the cursor it was working. Turned off the laptop , took out battery and cleaned water from surface . After 30 minutes , tried turning on, following things happened :

• Press power button
  • Fan noise
  • hardware noise
  • 2 seconds later, no noise
  • no display. USB charging mobile . CD-ROM working .
  • caps lock blinking contantly, once every 3.8-4.2 second
  • After one night, tried turning it on again with no battery, Same behavior
  • Inserted the battery. Working fine except some keyboard keys.

my questions are:

1. what could the problem before ?
  2. Should  I just change the keyboard or have it diagnosed in details ?
  3. what could be the possible cost ?

(Now writing with on screen keyboard . Thanks in advance .)

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Nommon

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

Here are some tips on dealing with water damage: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/you-just-spilled-water-or-coffee-on-your-laptop-heres-what-you-should-d...

However ... it's most likely that SOME damage was done, regardless of how quickly you turned off the laptop and what you did afterward.

The ONLY way to know for sure is to take or send it to an HP Service Center and pay a LOT of money for them to run full diagnostics on it, and after that, to disassemble it to repair or replace any damaged components.

And, if the motherboard is damaged, the cost of repair can easily exceed the cost of replacing the laptop -- because (as far as I know) water damage is NOT covered under the warranty.

Here is information on the Service Centers: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00372730?jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_title_r0004

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.