Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

OK , so I want to install the first downloaded driver (sp96700) but the installation got interrupted at the end and it throw an CMD error message and then it close down by the installer itself ! so that driver can not be installed on my device with windows 10 version 1903 ! and I am not able to take a screen grab of the error either 🙂 so can you help with this ? 

HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, I wouldn't.

If the installer doesn't work, then I don't know how to get around that problem.

HP Recommended

Hi

should we give this another try to see if this will help or not . 🙂 and if this does not help at all then I’m going to wipe off this version of windows 1903 and to do a format and to go back with the windows version 1803 as well 🙂

so , what I’ve done is to have my device powered off and have the device powered on back after almost 9 or 10 hours and I then see a cmd windows pop-up upon system start up again and I still not sure what the text messages within the cmd windows and not able to make a screenshot here either . ! and also not sure what is happened but the driver is still won’t be installed as I’ve had to check with device manager and the driver is still show as an outdated driver 😞

should to I have removing all HP related driver and software or what ?ا_733.png

HP Recommended

I would imagine that sp96700 must not be for models with the Celeron processor, so I would uninstall it.

Even the newest graphics driver directly from Intel is older than  the one you have installed.

Version: 15.40.42.5063 (Latest)   Date: 3/19/2019

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28662/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-40-?product=918...

HP Recommended

this is before to I power on the device which display an old driver which seem to be for windows (v1809)  here an screenshot

ا_609.png

yes the Intel driver link is show they still have an older driver so I won’t download it anyway 🙂

something is wrong here ! device manager is displayed that I have this driver dated at 12/27/2018 while I’ve check that on my HP device  driver page which it shows a new different date for this driver which is at Jun 7, 2019 which seem to be for windows (v1903) . here’s more information in the screenshot below

ا_733.png

still something is wrong here and I rally do not understand what is going on but here’s yet again an screen grab with more information

ا_734.png

HP Recommended

The date on the HP support page is the date the driver was released to HP, not the actual driver date.

The actual driver date is the one listed in the device manager.

According to your screenshot, you have a newer driver installed than is even listed on the Intel support site...5070, and that matches the driver version of the latest one on the HP support page dated June 7th.

HP Recommended

alright! I understand that now 🙂 and I had to remove all driver via REVO UNINSTALLER software and then to reboot the device then to go to device manager to continues uninstalling the rest of drivers and then to reboot the system , then to I install all drivers that I’ve already downloaded and all installed properly expect this one here (sp96700) this driver is still show error in the CMD windows .

also . I had to remove some if HP’S software and to reinstall some of them 🙂

and now the HP Support Assistant it offering to me an old driver which is the wrong one for (windows v1809) so I think this is a bug in the HP Support Assistant .

ا_740.png

HP Recommended

OK, so here is what I did with the Intel chipset installation utility.

I have a HP Stream Pro 11 G4 and the drivers I posted for you were newer than the ones I had, and I figured I would try them out.  They all worked including the chipset driver in your last reply's screenshot.

I got the same issues you did with the installer, so here is how I got the chipset driver to install.

Go to C:\SWSetup\sp96730...you posted the wrong file number for the chipset driver.  sp96700 is the graphics driver.

Open the folder and you will see a SetupChipset application.

Double click on that file to run it and the chipset driver should install properly and then it asks you to restart the PC.

HP Recommended

for Intel chipset installation utility , this done but not prompted for a system restart (by going to C:\SWSetup\sp96730) as you suggested ! so I think it got installed properly now ..

the other driver that has a problem is sp96700 ,  so when I want to make it to have install properly , I follow up with this path (C:\SWSetup\sp96700) and right click on "igxpin" and run as administrator and my device start to blue screen  and then it rebooting itself  . this driver is not install properly ....

this is the first time my new laptop got a blue screen!

how do I fix this ?

HP Recommended

I don't understand why you are doing anything more with the graphics driver (sp96700).

Your screenshot from yesterday already indicated the driver was successfully installed, as it shows version 20.19.15.5070.

The more you play with it, the more trouble you are going to have with the graphics.

Not only that, but to manually install that graphics driver file, you have to select the ki131416 setup information file in the Graphics folder, not the one you chose.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.