Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

yes. that sager is a perfect example of how a notebook computer layout should be. this is ergonomics - but it ain't rocket science.

http://www.pctorque.com/sager-8120-gaming-computers.php

love the sager. but i'll probably never afford $3000 for a computer.

hp sony dell toshiba take notice.

and find a designer who has heard of ergonomics.

HP Recommended

Count me as a second person to complain... this left-sided trackpad a terrible design feature - most of us out there are right-handers... I'm in the market for a new laptop and can't for the life of me see why the laptop companies have made this choice.

HP Recommended

Oh my gosh, I can't do my homework because of this problem and I agree that it hurts to use the trackpad, but since I use numbers for every password I type, I like the number pad. Many people like the size of my laptop & the fact that is has a number pad. However, the fact that the trackpad seems to be so far left is causing chronic problems in my right wrist especially. Maybe HP could learn from the gaming gizmo-making manufacturers.

HP Recommended

test

HP Recommended

No, arguing about the keypad is indeed a right one, because adding a keypad is useless and harming to overall usability. Without one, there would be a normal sized keyboard with standard key arrangement. What we get instead nowadays is a messed up, unusable keyboard with sub-sized keys which you always miss, and exotic arrangements, especially the arrow keys and home/end/etc. I also hate the touchpad being moved to the left. On the new DV6 it's so much to the left, it almost missed the laptop. It's not ergonomic, it's difficult to access. It's time to wake up!

HP Recommended

@Huffer What? you think having the trackpad to the left is logical? And HP have done lots of resrach before they came up with that design? Give me a break. Having the trackpad to the left or right is so wrong. If you want proof, check how many laptops Apple & Lenovo are selling and how many HP are selling. I am sure you are an HP expert. Not surely a laptop expert.

HP Recommended

Why are you, sir, dredging up old posts and making a personal comment about me? And if you read my old post you will see I was being sarcastic....look it up in the dictionary. I said I would like to think they did a lot of research but in reality they winged it. The off-center trackped makes sense only because it is centered if you ignore the numeric keypad. And Hp is not the only one to do this. Here is a top view of a current Toshiba model for example:

satellite.jpg

HP Recommended

I too think this is a stupid industry trend. I work in computer hardware and this trend of off-center (to the left) drives me insane.

The 13.3" and 14" laptops I have are all centered but while shopping for upgrades very few have centered. Of course MacBook Pros are all centered.

sigh

HP Recommended

I agree.  I HATE the offset track pad!!!!  I am in the market for a computer with one centered; so far HP is out of the running, despite the fact that I have had several HP computers.

HP Recommended

Well you can count me in as somebody who is not happy with off centre trackpads. I have used laptops for many years and never had a problem resting my palms either side of centred trackpads. I'm all for change, but I just don't like this idea which every computer manufacture seems to be doing now. Am I in the minority? I think not as I have seen and heard many users not happy using off centre trackpads.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.