Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
OMEM HP Laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Windows won't install this update : HP Development Company, L.P. - System - 5/26/2017 12:00:00 AM - 6.0.21.1 - Error 0x800f0247

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

A lot of people reporting this Windows Update error- hopefully MS will get it fixed soon:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Development-Company-L-P-Sys...

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

A lot of people reporting this Windows Update error- hopefully MS will get it fixed soon:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Development-Company-L-P-Sys...

HP Recommended

Hopefully HP has contacted Microsoft about this error in the HP update so that one of you can figure out what the problem is and fix it!

HP Recommended

where the hide update button on windows 10 at so I can get that off my update and stop it from retrying to update?

HP Recommended

@Hmike22

>

Download Windows 10 Updates Troubleshooter Tool from Microsoft <

Run it and click on "Hide updates" option and you'll be able to hide desired update  in the list.

HP Recommended

Do the recommended HP solution but select the hidden updates and select all the updates that appear then retry the actual updates.

The HP solution uses a microsoft product that checks all the updates against your computer, it changed the windows INTEL registry entry and then checking updates - none existed  - problem gone

HP Recommended

there are a lot of update from Hp and Intel do I click on all the update in the hide updates there are 14 mostly Intel and two HP and a Realtek Semiconductor  Corp

HP Recommended

@Hmike22

Only choose the one that is failing.

HP Recommended

Was this problem resolved?

HP Recommended

I clicked on all 14 to hide like I ask in the another post but the check update working like it suppose to know but I wish I didn't hide all the update know after reading your post how do I go back and unhide the other one. and I have eset and I have it set for recommended update and on eset on startup, it shows a lot of updates but when I click on the run system and it sends me to the update page and I click on check update and it says it's up to date. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.