Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Apparently the screen shot of the error message I replied with didn't come through
HP Recommended
Apparently the screen shot of the error message I replied with didn't come through.
When I hit F11 a blue screen pops up that says recovery and underneath it says my system needs to be repaired. None of what your steps said would happen happened. Really wish you could see that screen shot...
HP Recommended

Hey xXDEADPOOLXx

I want to also add to the info above and change a few things...

I know its frustrating.

You are going to have to clean reinstall windows via USB at this point.

Before you do, you would do best to test the hard drive prior.

F2 at power up and keep the power cord plugged in.

Here's how...

https://support.hp.com/rs-en/document/c03467259

If it has errors, you will need to replace the drive.

IF so, I would consider an SSD instead. It will be so much faster than the old spinner.

BUT...

Several people have noted in the past that regardless of how you reinstall windows, you will lose the star wars photos, documents and such.

So it wont matter if you use the HP media or the Microsoft ISO directly. You might as well create your own Microsoft USB installer. That will be faster and cheaper than ordering the HP media.

I assume you had the MS Creators update already installed prior to this and everything was working ok?

Here is the link to make a USB drive installer (8-32 GB will work)....

Create media Windows 10

Microsoft has stated that they will not force OEM machines to have to use OEM media for a Windows 10 recovery anymore.

It should activate after intallation after you go online to update the system.

If you are prompted for a key at install, choose to skip it and continue.

You have some options for the Star Wars stuff though.

If you can copy all the Star Wars media to an external drive first, then do so.

Or you will have to use a third party download from someone else.

HP does not provide the Star Wars Media Content as a separate download as per copyright agreements with Lucas Film.

You can grab that stuff from this other guy here (He or the website is not associated with HP)...

HP's Star Wars Theme for Windows

And you will also have to download the drivers and the StarWars Command Center (and R2D2 sound file) from the HP downloads page.

Your  an100nr version does not show up in the HP database.

Can you post the Product Number?

Or better yet,

tell me if you have the standard screen or the CTO Touch Screen (Energy Star) edition?

Then one of us can post a link to the driver download page for you.

HP Recommended
Thanks for all the timely responses through all this. Gotta say I'm extremely disappointed to walk away from all of this without any sort of actual resolution or even a laptop I can use. Thanks again for trying to help though, I guess you can't fix them all.
HP Recommended

I wouldnt give up yet. :Wink:

Are you able to run the diagnostics test I posted at the top of my comment?

Try that first and maybe do it tommorow when your not so flustered.

Tell me what happens.

HP Recommended
Everything passed with flying colors.
HP Recommended

Thats a good sign.

You should run the long test though, not just the short test to be sure.

Next step,  obtain a USB pen drive  (8 - 16 GB is best) and download the Media creation tool and create the USB installer.

Create media Windows 10.

If your Star Wars laptop is running well enough to do this, good.

If not, download the tool to another PC and create from there.

HP Recommended

If all of that is too confusing just order Recovery Media from HP which will restore back to Factory specs:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/mediaorder/Star-Wars-Special-Edition-15-an000-Notebook/9033381/model/96...

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended
Ok Photoray002, let me ask you a few questions. Do you guy's even read the previous posts? Because I feel that if you did we could move along a lot faster amd I wouldn't spend hours waiting for a response for something I've already said. So again, I'll explain a few things to get everyone up to the same page. First second third and last. I DO NOT HAVE ADMINISTRATIVE PRIVILEGES ON THIS LAPTOP!! Installing programs or making back ups requires an administrator account, which I don't have access to. That brings me to my next point. I don't want to make a recovery of the system now, I can't get into the system now. All I wanted to do is factory reset this laptop so it's like I just walked out of best buy with it. That includes ALL the Star Wars stuff this came with, as it's the Star Wars special edition. I'm not trying to be a **bleep**, but I've been doing this back and forth for about a week now and I still have zero results. So please, I ask again. How, WITHOUT ACCESS TO THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT, do I complete a factory reset on this machine. And no, I don't have any of the recovery software or disks and I don't have a spare copy of Windows laying around that I can install.
HP Recommended

Just order Recovery Media from HP which will restore back to Factory specs:..You boot from it so no Administrator rights needed:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/mediaorder/Star-Wars-Special-Edition-15-an000-Notebook/9033381/model/96...

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.