Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been getting the following error on restart since installing the Windows 10 Creators Update:

"AccelerometerSt.exe - System Error

The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem."

I have already uninstalled HP 3D DriveGuard, restarted my laptop, and then reinstalled it from HP's website twice, but still get the error when I restart again. Please help!

Product name: HP ENVY Notebook
Product number: M8W97AV
OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64
Version: 10.0.15063 Build 15063

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I Googled the problem a bit more and found another thread for the same error. Someone recommended reinstalling both versions of the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145) and that seems to have resolved my issue. I've restarted twice without seeing the error again. *fingers crossed*

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

My HP Envy 17-N152SA update to the Creator update last night, and all seems to have gone perfect.... I did notice the same error as you when the notebook rebooted but at the same time a message popped up in action centre about the 3D Guard and a restart was required.... 

Once restarted the message did not re-appear and the following update is in the Windows update screen under "Drivers"

HP Development Company, L.P. - Other hardware - HP Mobile Data Protection Sensor

See attached image.... SO it seems that mine automatically updated the driver... 

Capture.JPG

Stuart

HP Recommended

My Action Center also shows the message about needing to restart, and I have the driver update listed in my Update history as well. I have now cleared the Action Center message and restarted at least 5 times, and also completely shut down and rebooted once, but I'm still getting the error each time and the message also reappears in the Action Center. At this point, I'm pretty close to just uninstalling the Windows update...

UpdateHistory2017-05-13.jpg

HP Recommended

Very odd... my upgrade seems to have gone perfect, been using it all day today without any issues so far.... hope it stays that way.... 

I did panic when I noticed the message appear but within seconds the restart message appeared and all is OK now.... 

Was you notebook a factory installed Windows 10 or one of the free upgrades? I have an older HP Envy which I did the free upgrade and that caused all sorts of issues... 

May be worth opening a chat with HP Support

HP Recommended

My notebook came with Windows 8 and I got the free update to 10. That was a while ago though, and I haven't had any other issues with it until now.

HP Recommended

I Googled the problem a bit more and found another thread for the same error. Someone recommended reinstalling both versions of the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145) and that seems to have resolved my issue. I've restarted twice without seeing the error again. *fingers crossed*

HP Recommended

Glad you are all sorted now... strange how mine just automatically updated the driver, unless it is because my notebook is only about 8-12 months old and came with Windows 10 ... very odd 🙂 

HP Recommended

Re: AccelerometerSt.exe - System Error after installing Windows 10 Creators Update

HP Recommended

@ncsushley wrote:

I have been getting the following error on restart since installing the Windows 10 Creators Update:

"AccelerometerSt.exe - System Error

The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem."

I have already uninstalled HP 3D DriveGuard, restarted my laptop, and then reinstalled it from HP's website twice, but still get the error when I restart again. Please help!

Product name: HP ENVY Notebook
Product number: M8W97AV
OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64
Version: 10.0.15063 Build 15063

HP Recommended

I've just run the Win 10 update and I now have the same Accelerometer error message. The page where the C++  link directs now no longer exists. Also, my notebook is more up-to-date than the C++ link and the 3d link. I can find no further information on-line. Does anyone have other thoughts?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.